micron

Diamond Viper 550
Veteran
Originally posted by: KristopherKubicki
Hey guys.

Got this today:

Dear Anand and Kristopher,

This is CP, the editor contact at XGI.

As to your interest in knowing, the Volari Duo V8 Ultra has achieved 5600+ with 3DMark2003 on a 3.0GHz plateform(live demo at product launch). This only give you a brief idea on where the performance is.

Simplier way of remembering our product segments:

3DMark2003
Volari Duo V8 Ultra - 5600+
Volari Duo V5 Ultra - 4000+
Volari V8 Series - 3000+
Volari V5 Series - 2000+
Volari V3 Series - 1000+

This completes the product segmentation of the discrete desktop graphics productline

If you would need any other information, please do let me know.

Best Regards,

CP Lin
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=27&threadid=1140122

What a beast. :oops:
I will remain skepitcal of the product itself until Beyond3D do a review on it.
It's also said that the chip is a tiler.

If that's the case I want to see some game benchmarks with FSAA and AF. :) 8)

Just noticed. 16 pipes.
8 pipes * 2 chips = 16 pipes total.

I have to see this thing benched and IQ compared. :D

I must be stoopis!!!

I must be missing something, 5600+ is what I get now with my 9800np oced little past pro. Is there going to be some compeling feature that would make people choose that over ati?

Re: I must be stoopis!!!

Pojo said:
I must be missing something, 5600+ is what I get now with my 9800np oced little past pro. Is there going to be some compeling feature that would make people choose that over ati?
The price ?! If 9800Pro costs (say) 400$, and V8 Duo costs 350 ....

K.I.L.E.R said:
micron said:
K.I.L.E.R.,
Where did you hear that the chips were tilers?

"Based on hierachical pixel tiling for rasterization..."
???

I supposed this is the traditional rasterisation in a tile per tile way rather than a scan line per scan line way. This is for improved cache behaviour and really nothing to get excited about since Vooodoo1 did this. It does not make a chip a "tiler".

K-

Kristof said:
I supposed this is the traditional rasterisation in a tile per tile way rather than a scan line per scan line way. This is for improved cache behaviour and really nothing to get excited about since Vooodoo1 did this. It does not make a chip a "tiler".

The problem is that some people don’t distinguish between a deferred render and a tiler. Plenty of cards have used tiles without being deferred renders.

It's pretty compelling since this is there first major line of cards and they are already able top the current speed leader. That is of course if there drivers are legit and IQ is good. Hell if thats the case they are already spanking nvidia. I twould be nice to see the big N move down to #3.

"I must be missing something, 5600+ is what I get now with my 9800np oced little past pro. Is there going to be some compeling feature that would make people choose that over ati?"

K.I.L.E.R said:
micron said:
K.I.L.E.R.,
Where did you hear that the chips were tilers?

"Based on hierachical pixel tiling for rasterization..."
???

Remember Trident XP4? They were talking about memory organization too when they said something like this. And coincidently some Trident engineers are at XGI. Looks like the marketing department is part of XGI too :LOL:

Re: I must be stoopis!!!

chavvdarrr said:
Pojo said:
The price ?! If 9800Pro costs (say) 400$, and V8 Duo costs 350 ....

Do you really think that the 9800 Pro will cost $400 when and if this new card comes out? :?

Back