No more FX reviews.

T2k said:
RussSchultz said:
I will offer a differing opinion of how NVIDIA ended up where they got today: marketting started off small with promises and improper expectation management, expecting engineering to pull through, but the snowball kept rolling and getting bigger. I don't think anybody conciously set out to engage in the activities they're in now--just one thing led to another.

But that's my alternate opinion to the malice theory.

Certainly far more feasible theory for me - I saw this process 2-3 times at certain companies I used to work for... :)

Well I've read many times this thought from Napoleon: Never attribute to malice what may be explained by incompetence, but that does not change the aspects of this issue I spoke about in my preceding post; and, certainly, in many traditions malice and lack of inteligence and insight are seen as different aspects of the same mistake.

dream caster said:
Knowing how you think about what do sellers have to do to sell I would not like to do bussines with you
Knowing what I know about you, I would not like to do business with you because you're judgemental and act before you think.

I don't condone or support what NVIDIA did. This entire discussion was over whether or not, as I believe Gkar was suggesting, NVIDIA purposefully chose to make a bad product.

But, if I need to screech like a monkey and toss feces at NVIDIA to be acceptable to you, I'd rather keep my hands free of poop than be in your good graces.

I find it hard to believe that Nvidia is a company that has grown decadent after what seems a little more than a year of being at the top.

I still think that there are still conscious people in Nvidia HQ, so I can't give credence to the idea that a company that managed to get to where it was is now totally bureaucraticaly overladen and mindless.

Let's just assume for a moment that there are people in Nvidia who are:
1) Not under the influence
2) Don't buy their hype
3) Have a more in-depth understanding of the company's situation than we do

My question is: What keeps these people up at night?

The decisions made weren't made in a vacuum, so what factors are we missing?

What wierdness is going to come to light a few years from now?

RussSchultz said:
dream caster said:
Knowing how you think about what do sellers have to do to sell I would not like to do bussines with you
Knowing what I know about you, I would not like to do business with you because you're judgemental and act before you think.

I don't condone or support what NVIDIA did. This entire discussion was over whether or not, as I believe Gkar was suggesting, NVIDIA purposefully chose to make a bad product.

But, if I need to screech like a monkey and toss feces at NVIDIA to be acceptable to you, I'd rather keep my hands free of poop than be in your good graces.

I mean not to speak any more about Nvidia, but I feel ashamed because really I think I am as you said and I feel bad about implying bad things about you when trying to show the most extreme consequences of your words. I beg your pardon.

Back