Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

The 360 game was almost flawless for me. I think this is the most consistent and impressive PS3/360 game given the enormity of it.

Just the one Quest bug. Fetching the book Glories and Laments. The quest still sends me to an empty chest where the book was, so it's impossible to finish.

Level 67, Imperial. No gradual slowdown.

Just as the first dragon was about to die, my ps3 froze ! What an anticlimax !
Do you have the Dragonborn and Dawnguard expansions along with the Hearthfire expansion? Have they been released on the PS3 too? Just curious....

Do you have the Dragonborn and Dawnguard expansions along with the Hearthfire expansion? Have they been released on the PS3 too? Just curious....

No. I have vanilla Skyrim. The DLCs have been released though.

Killed the dragon, or lets say, it died. I cast a Fireball scroll at it ad then a scroll that spawned a Stone Onard or smething. that thing killed the Dragon ! I, with my Black Mage robes, have too little armour to stand the Dragon's fire. I stayed on top of the tower :p !

But that makes me think how will I do it next time? Dragons throw a stream of fire at you and my robes don't provide protection, but I need those robes as I am using magic in both hands and the Robes provide 505 faster magic regen. ALso have enchanted a ring for faster magic regen. Same for my hood, it gives me 30 extra magic points.

How do I become a strong mage who can fight Dragons ? As for Humans and animals, I am already pretty strong for them. As I keep a distance between me and my enemy and keep a steady stream of fire going from both hands.

Another thing I did not like was that the Jarl kept giving me weapons as rewards while I use only magic.

Lucky PC users have the possibility to play Skywind now, the Skyrim mod that ports Morrowind into the Skyrim engine. :love:

That music.... :cry: Lots of nostalgia from my days playing the stylish Morrowind on the original Xbox back in 2005.

Awesome thanks! I'll have to tell the wife, she's Skyrim obsessed (she'll have to drag herself away from AC4 first though!)

Eurogamer story today:

Bethesda lists Skyrim for PS4 and Xbox One. Later redacted minus a solid refute that they are not launching Skyrim on nextgen consoles.

Hmmm. I'd be mighty tempted to re-buy this for PS4. I still play it a ton and I've love to explore the world in higher definition with better draw distances, better textures and, knowing Bethesda, some new bugs :yes:

Of course they are not releasing Skyrim on next gen consoles, they are releasing the 'Skyrim UltraHD edition' to next gen consoles. ;)

I had to stop playing on the 360 since my companion become so bugged that she could no longer carry any extra items. Worse, she could barely carry equipment, and if I were to remove all of her items and equipment, and try to re-equip her, her carrying capacity would be further reduced to the point where she couldn't take all of the equipment back that I had just removed. I had stopped playing, waiting for a fix, but each time I went back to check things out that bug had not been corrected. I think, perhaps, I would have to start over for the bug fixes that might have addressed this issue to take effect. Never mustered up the drive to start over. I would bite on an updated version on the new consoles, however, if they included all of the DLC and extras. A ridiculous stance to take as a consumer. Rewarding a company for their buggy product. But I really did enjoy that buggy product.

Eurogamer story today:

Bethesda lists Skyrim for PS4 and Xbox One. Later redacted minus a solid refute that they are not launching Skyrim on nextgen consoles.

Hmmm. I'd be mighty tempted to re-buy this for PS4. I still play it a ton and I've love to explore the world in higher definition with better draw distances, better textures and, knowing Bethesda, some new bugs :yes:
I'd certainly buy it if true. It is my favourite game of the previous generation.

It would be interesting to play this game without textures or vegetation popping in, and more defined landscapes in the distance -with more trees, actual grass, instead of bald patches that became alive once you approached them-.

A next gen version would have a few benefits. First, PS users could play a proper Skyrim game, the previous one was a bit too much for the PS3.

Muddy, some expansions were so difficult to implement because of the machine's limitations, etc etc.

Secondly, the HD texture pack and the visual enhancements Bethesda themselves would like to have in the game could become a reality. Most impressive additions to the game were mods, I'd like to see Bethesda's take on it.

That and shoehorned Kinect gesture controls.

I had to stop playing on the 360 since my companion become so bugged that she could no longer carry any extra items.
Did you try abandoning your follower and grabbing another, and then re-acquiring your old follower? Is there a particular follower you like for some special reason...?

A ridiculous stance to take as a consumer. Rewarding a company for their buggy product. But I really did enjoy that buggy product.
It sets dangerous prescidents for a company, but then again Bethsoft is already a lost cause from that point of view - any number of extremely visible bugs (like the button labels in the UI that would not update when you re-bound keys) never went fixed in skyrim, and not because of lack of funds to do it, skyrim was THE best-selling PC game for like a year IIRC, maybe more.

Bethsoft product support really is as terribly ass-shitty as you can get. They make tons of bugs, they release games with tons of bugs, and they don't fix them. But their games are really fun, so people buy them and play them. Still, tons of bugs! Hard to condone that kind of behavior. ...But the games are fun... :p

Did you try abandoning your follower and grabbing another, and then re-acquiring your old follower? Is there a particular follower you like for some special reason...?

If memory serves me, this problem cropped up on 2 of the companions I was using. The final companion I settled on is where it was most persistent. I settled on that companion because they were my spouse and would only be knocked out when out of HP, instead of being killed. Makes travelling with them relatively worry free, and I get someone to pull aggro from me. Plus, her level cap was one of the highest for companion NPCs I think.

It sets dangerous prescidents for a company, but then again Bethsoft is already a lost cause from that point of view - any number of extremely visible bugs (like the button labels in the UI that would not update when you re-bound keys) never went fixed in skyrim, and not because of lack of funds to do it, skyrim was THE best-selling PC game for like a year IIRC, maybe more.

Bethsoft product support really is as terribly ass-shitty as you can get. They make tons of bugs, they release games with tons of bugs, and they don't fix them. But their games are really fun, so people buy them and play them. Still, tons of bugs! Hard to condone that kind of behavior. ...But the games are fun... :p

Yes, it's a confounding problem. And I contribute to that problem for the reasons you mentioned. :cry: I'm now I'm talking about further worsening the problem because I really want a PS4/XBO version. :LOL:

Having been playing this since christmas on the PS3 and I am astounded by the amount of glitches and bugs in this game. How did this game even make it past the testing phase? If I had bought it recently, I'd have returned it immediately.

Truth is, the scale of the game is seriously impressive, but with the amount of bugs it has, it's seriously hard to trust the game at times - like for example, trying to complete a quest and when not being able to proceed, it's hard not to wonder if its due to some bug or simply that I haven't figured it out yet. Then there's the water freezing and numerous other glitches I have encountered... what a pitty for an otherwise amazing game, really.

It's so weird, still hearing complaints about this game on the net.
My experience on PS3 was a lot different. As this is a Bethesda game I decided to wait a couple of months before my playthrough. So it was already a few patches past when I started, but the game crashed only once for me. Don't remember any other bugs. I played reasonably much of it mind you, in fact this is the only game I platinumed ever.

The funny thing is I enjoyed Oblivion much more for so many reasons.

Weird. As I said, I just started playing 3 weeks ago (up to level 15, I'd say 30-40 hours playtime) and one of the main lessons learnt so far; 'you shall not enter the water'. If you do, the game will completely freeze and this happens around 8 out of 10 times.

I've read about possible solutions on deleting the game-update-files and re-update the game, but also read reports of the small possibility of losing your character and game save, so I've pretty much learned to avoid the water so far.

Then there are some other minor bugs - like marrying a foe and suddenly he (yes, I'm actually playing as a female character - don't ask why :p) was like gone - just disappeared. I had to load the game again to actually see him again. Then, pretty much any walkthrough I've opened (I simply use them as a guideline for some of the more difficult quests) has some kind of notice about bugs...

It's still a very enjoyable game so far - I just wish it would run better than it does and I wouldn't have to live in constant fear of glitches, freezes or bugs.

I consider myself supremely lucky with Skyrim, I've encountered plenty of glitches but nothing that's prevented me playing. I can say the same for Fallout 3, Fall New Vegas and Oblivion but I am über cautious with Bethesda games and generally use a rolling 10 slot save system.

Riften recreated on The Elder Scrolls online and compared to the city of Riften we got used to in Skyrim:

Some time with Skyblivion, a graphical mod for Skyrim with the map of Oblivion. OH, THE MUSIC! Goosebumps all over me. So many memories. :cry: :cry: I can't tell how many hours I spent playing Oblivion on a X360 with very very few games those days -march 2006-

Back