Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

Only in the gaming industry can you release a broken product and expect consumers to rush to your defense.

actually it happen everywhere. Smartphone industry for example, it have its own problem with camera, stability, signal, fake marketing, etc. And the consumer will defend it.

actually it happen everywhere. Smartphone industry for example, it have its own problem with camera, stability, signal, fake marketing, etc. And the consumer will defend it.

I think there is a huge difference with some slightly misleading marketing and maybe some issues here and there on the one hand and a product that is just fundamentally broken on the other.
That iPhone 4 antenna may have been slightly problematic under very specific circumstances, or maybe the camera wasn't great (whatever, phone still works), but the devices usually work (that situation is more akin to Skyrim also being a buggy-as-hell game in general. Unfortunate, but not a deal breaker for most people) When they don't work, you get a refund. When entire product lines are defective, they usually get recalled.

Skyrim on the PS3 was a game that eventually became unplayable. That's like if Apple released a phone where the phone part eventually stopped working. People would not defend that.

I think there is a huge difference with some slightly misleading marketing and maybe some issues here and there on the one hand and a product that is just fundamentally broken on the other.
That iPhone 4 antenna may have been slightly problematic under very specific circumstances, or maybe the camera wasn't great (whatever, phone still works), but the devices usually work (that situation is more akin to Skyrim also being a buggy-as-hell game in general. Unfortunate, but not a deal breaker for most people) When they don't work, you get a refund. When entire product lines are defective, they usually get recalled.

Skyrim on the PS3 was a game that eventually became unplayable. That's like if Apple released a phone where the phone part eventually stopped working. People would not defend that.
afaik, Bethesda asked Sony for help and they said that Sony's support was lacking in the past, and mentioned they are wonderful now.

I mean..., Skyrim on the Xbox 360 was kind of fine -patch 1.2 was a piece of nonsense, but besides that, the game wasn't that bad programming-wise if you take into account the scope-.

On the PS3 though, it was a different matter and it reminds of the fact why party chat was never added to the console, simply because Sony didn't find a workaround. I guess Bethesda had to deal with a similar situation at first til they managed to find a workaround, which took a long time.

Bethesda's problems persisted over three major games ... imho, it was primarily crap programming, budget quality control and pure laziness. It is a small miracle they finally fixed most of the problems some years after the release of the third game.

on PC, skyrim still have lots of problem. Especially when running all DLC + mods.

Normally, skyrim have a tendency to fill the logs with weird things (bard that has been killed still got the script looping, etc). When mods are added and the logs filled with more things, byebye game.

it will crash with no fix.
Actually it can be fixed by increasing the script memory budget but its just make thing worse in the long term. The game became slower and less stable the longer the playtime, and when the log got filled too heavily, again, the game crash.

Skyrim need to be able to use more than 2 core and all my 8 GB of RAM :/

@Sigfried1977
its not just apple, for example on sony phone:
camera advertised as 720p HD video. Actually only record in VGA then stretched to 720p.
Camera advertised as 1080p HD, record in 720p then stretched to 1080p.

Notification light advertised as multicolor blah blah blah when got sms etc, actually only light white. You need to install 3rd party app to activate the other color for notification.

Sound recording advertised as Stereo actualy record in MONO but in 2 channel (both channel are the same).

Sony phone have bravia software that said make picture awesome blah blah blah. But actually the picture sux because sony use TFT display. It have horrible view angle, have horrible color. But people defend it as "i dont need to buy anti-spy screen protector".

etc

Okay ! My copy of Skyrim has arrived :D ! Guys, what should I go for ? I mean magic or strength or melee or range or what else? What makes the game easy-est ? What becomes powerful quicker ?

Holy shit ! The game looks so beautiful on the ps3 :oops: ! And here I was delaying the buy for so long thinking it won't look good and maybe PC version is a better buy. No siree, the game looks fantastic on my ps3 , that HDR shines like a diamond inside them dungeons :D !

What makes the game easy-est ?
If you set game difficulty to "novice", anything will be easy. :) Anyway, ranged and striking from stealth will be easier, since you (pretty much) always get the drop on enemies. So, magic or bows.

What becomes powerful quicker ?
I haven't played melee at all really, my archer uses daggers, but has no perks invested into two-handed weapons, and my mage is only like level 5 or so. However when I leveled destruction on my archer it felt like I could kill quite easily (as long as I had magicka). Of course, if you wear gear enchanted with the right chants your destruction spells will cost nothing to cast, meaning you can always shoot even if enemies drain you of your magicka. And there's little in the way of reload like there is with ranged weapons either, so magic is probably the way to go if power is the most important thing.

Okay ! My copy of Skyrim has arrived :D ! Guys, what should I go for ? I mean magic or strength or melee or range or what else? What makes the game easy-est ? What becomes powerful quicker ?

Go for stealth, one handed combat ( dual wield daggers), light armour and archery.

Backstabbing with daggers is absurdly overpowered in Skyrim.

Cheers

Stealth in general go with bows too for a nice 300% damage boost in stealth.

Yup, bows are overpowered too, but nothing like the 3000% bonus daggers receive with the backstab perk and Dark Brotherhood kit.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
you can shoot down mid-fly dragon

although the dead will be weird. It will land normally then suddenly died.

This is a very weird point of view: bethesda released a broken product on ps3...who else is to blame instead of the developers and the publisher?

With regards to Skyrim being the best game: absolutely not imho. The game is great, but the difficulty leveling is completely off and unbalanced. I did all major side story lines and my character ended up too powerful after about 80-100 hours put in. I wanted to play the main story line, but I just can run around and fireball all enemies away in a second...boooring. So boring that I stopped playing. My character is basically maxed in specs and items as well...so I quit the game. I came back to test the vampire dlc, but as a vamp you just get even stronger...

In this sense, the gamedesign of Skyrim is fundamentally broken imo and thus, such a game cannot win best game of the generation award.
It depends on the character though. My most fun and complete character ever is a vampire called Sarah Dandelion Cloveclaw. I turned her into a vampire at level 1, and she is level 57 now.

The Expert difficulty setting is challenging for her, and dragons, certain bosses and Forsworn Briars, for instance, kill her with a single hit or two -Briar heart warriors-.

In this case the key is that I don't like combat neither I did experiment with Blacksmithing, Enchanting and so on, because it's not my thing. She was meant as a healer / conjurer and my *armour* has no armour at all. (I use Dragon Hide when I truly need it)

I use the Archmage Robes, a mage hood, a mask, and some gloves. I complete a quest or so every time I play and I love playing this way.

Additionally, I've set the Mehrunes Razor dagger to her right hand because of it's chance to kill an enemy in one hit regardless of their health bar. And I also use Grand Healing in the left hand. A very functional configuration. :smile:

Sarah also possess the ability to regain her health once a day if her health bar goes below 10%, which is a very useful perk in some cases where I "forget" to use Grand Healing.

The result is that I find her to be a very fun and challenging character. I used to cast the Dremora Lords in combat a lot before, but I prefer to fight enemies myself with the Mehrunes Razor now, and I get some hits too during close combat, which increase my Light Armour skills.

I don't like Cookie cutter builds and there are many ways to play Skyrim.

Arwin, which three games are you talking about?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...scrolls-iii-morrowind-with-skyrim-engine.aspx

The fan community are rebuilding Morrowind with the engine of Skyrim! :oops:

skywind_610.jpg

Pretty cool music in the video, btw.

What makes the game easy-est ? What becomes powerful quicker ?

I always though the PS3 version of the game was pretty special looking even against my PC version.

As for what makes it easiest... The 'Oghma Infinium' bug allows you to max out all your skills in a couple of sessions. But first you have to make it as far as getting the book in the first place.

Don't annoy giants and attempting mammoth tipping is not advisable!

dont take too many quest. It will make the game hard to navigate (the quest log and the game compass).

btw sniping with a bow is kind of imbalance for killing dragons. THey dont damage you, you damage them.

I am gonna disregard everything you guys said :LOL: and go for magic in both hands , cos it looks so damn cool :cool: ! Hope the game doesn't get too hard with it ! Also saw a novice conjuror right in the beginning, killed her....she was materialising foxes out of thin air ! Man, I want to do that !!!

Back