Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

Some artists have ways of making these things looks so easy, and this person is a true artist. Watching this video is kind of relaxing and awe-inspiring

http://www.gameanyone.com/game/X360/12235.html

More than six hours of SKyrim. More is being uploaded as we speak ! Full continuous walkthrough, so obviously full of spoilers ! Chk it out if you are still undecided.

ANd Yes, the SOund of Skyrim video is really cool up there. I posted it on my Facebook update, its really really inspiring and makes me feel okay about my craziness over small details in our project :) !

no .. the lead platform is X360 ... you can expect no AA bad framerate but better textures on the PS3

Based on previous Bethesda titles? Maybe they've optomised their PS3 codebase these past few years so i'd say wait and see.

no .. the lead platform is X360 ... you can expect no AA bad framerate but better textures on the PS3

& HDR & triple buffering :LOL: but I bet in a post AA too; by the way I almost sure transparancies & fps could suffer more on the ps3 knowing bethesda (& the ps3)...

Based on previous Bethesda titles? Maybe they've optomised their PS3 codebase these past few years so i'd say wait and see.

yep based on:

Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fallout NV

yes i know bethesda developed new engine for skyrim but absent PS3 footage is always bad sign like in other titles (GTA4, COD series .... )

& HDR & triple buffering :LOL: but I bet in a post AA too; by the way I almost sure transparancies & fps could suffer more on the ps3 knowing bethesda (& the ps3)...
I don't know exactly what to expect from each version (better AA 360, better textures PS3?), but there are some not so good news regarding Skyrim.

Contrary to Battlefield 3 where installing the game to the HDD made a huge impact in a positive way, when installing the Xbox 360 version -3.8 GB- it looks worse than playing from disc -like in Halo 3-. I don't know what kind of streaming technology they are using or if this will be patched soon.. I really hope so, because I can't stand the reactor sound of the X360 DVD spinning all the time.

unled3wqy.jpg

skyrimcompare.jpg

This is being discussed here:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...s.php?topic_id=m-1-60910056&pid=615803&page=0

I can't wait to play it. Do not want. But judging by screenshots, the difference is quite obvious. I discern it well. And I am quite weak at thecnical matters...

That texture issue is very curious, you'd imagine it would be the other way 'round.

Hopefully they get this fixed before launch.

Though it's hard to tell how the PS3 performs when there's other than just scenery on screen, that does look promising.
I had already preordered Skyrim, even though I didn't really like Oblivion or Fallout that much in the end. I did paly them intensely for a while but never got even half way through. I don't know if it was boredom or if the games were just too owerwhelming or if there was some other games that grabbed my attention, but I've still always had that itch to get back to them, just never really got enough interest or time.

As some of you know I've been fortunate enough to have a review copy of Skyrim for almost 2 weeks. I've put a LOT of time into the game so expect a fairly large review. Unfortunately that's going to have to wait until 11/10/11 at 8AM EST.

Here is my question for you guys. What are your questions about Skyrim? What do you want to see in the review?

I pre-ordered the PS3 version. Don't really care about slight differences either. The only thing I'm incredibly worried about is a lack of different language options. Oblivion had multiple spoken languages on the PS3, but neither Fallout 3 nor New Vegas followed that commendable trend (Jesus Beth-software. It's a friggin' Blu Ray disc. FFS use it). If this turns out to be German only I'm gonna cancel my pre-order immediately. The German language in Oblivion and New Vegas were rather dreadful by comparison.

Though it's hard to tell how the PS3 performs when there's other than just scenery on screen, that does look promising.
I had already preordered Skyrim, even though I didn't really like Oblivion or Fallout that much in the end. I did paly them intensely for a while but never got even half way through. I don't know if it was boredom or if the games were just too owerwhelming or if there was some other games that grabbed my attention, but I've still always had that itch to get back to them, just never really got enough interest or time.
That does look really good indeed.
People on GAF said that the runs great on PS3 too.

Back