Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

Yes, I am pretty excited watching all that too. But simply showing a controller button prompt does not mean its a console version.. It could be a X360 controller on the PC.

But anyways, this looks so good that I am thinking on skipping everything, BF3 and UC3, and just concentrating on the Demons SOuls right now and by the time I will be saturated by that game, we will have the Bugs in Skyrim ironed out for a smooth play.

i have never played any Elder Scroll games before, and I dislike Fallout 3 and NV completely. But this art style and the world has me hooked already :cool: !

What do you dislike about Fallout?

The wooden people, the non existant combat and the whole stupidity of the game. Especially Fallout 3. Its enjoyable if you decide in ur head that I am not going to be bothered about what I see on screen, just look at the overall picture. But to me the gameplay is absolutely boring and th epeople in it are absolutely unbelievable. I did spend a lot of time in it, by the way.

Gamespot discusing some new footage that was revealed ! Lots of tearing and framerate dips !

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't say the framerate looks good. It's almost a slideshow when he kills the spriggan from 0.37-0.40. Screen tearing too.
That's a 'jitter'. There are other scenes as complex or more demanding that are running smoothly. Overall the framerate looks pretty good. That doesn't mean the game will hold up - Morrowind was terrible for frame drops and tearing even on meatier PCs. I have hopes though! :mrgreen:

well...this is simply the best game in the world!!!!

Word. I've been cleaning out my game library to prepare for The Coming Of Skyrim. Just finished Witcher 2 and gave up on Two Worlds 2 (awkward game), all that remains in my gaming library now are Assasins Creed Brotherhood, Crysis 2, Forza 4 and Infamous 2. Gonna try and wrap up Assasins Creed before Skyrim comes out and takes over my life. I put over 100+ hours into Oblivion, can't wait for Skyrim :) Shame they take so long to release Elder Scrolls games, but maybe that adds to part of their appeal.

I put 200 hours into Oblivion on PC and I'd love for this to offer me the same. So much out in the next 3 weeks! I traded Rage for Batman today but I'm not totally liking it to be honest so I can see myself trading it for B3.

Holy crap I didn't realise they released Oblivion on the PS2!
:smile: That made me laugh, which is good to liven up the wait. I am sending this message with dial up internet, using Netscape Navigator, by the way... :LOL:

(beat that) Looking forward to this game, I think it will certainly be a classic, I think? ;)

Here is another video you might like:

And this one to keep joker454 computer busy:

This IGN preview says a lot of interesting things:

http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/119/1199206p1.html

I wonder if she'll pick it up lol. Btw I just checked my save and I topped out at 427 hours!!! Its not even fair to class oblivion in the same catagory as "normal" games. That's over 20 times the gameplay of an otherwise considered "very long game" man I can't wait for skyrim!

Yeah I suppose I will have to pick this up. I just can't stay away from open world single player games.

I wonder if she'll pick it up lol. Btw I just checked my save and I topped out at 427 hours!!! Its not even fair to class oblivion in the same catagory as "normal" games. That's over 20 times the gameplay of an otherwise considered "very long game" man I can't wait for skyrim!

There was some repetitiveness to the random side missions but even if you just stuck with the plot and faction quests, you had a good 100 hours of gameplay there. Plus of course you could replay as a different class making different story decisions.

Yeah I suppose I will have to pick this up. I just can't stay away from open world single player games.
Just two more weeks to go. Patience....

Every time I watch this intro I get goose bumps all over. Sigh :cry:

Has there been any info/screens on how it will look on the consoles ? Majoor decision regarding which version to get. In would prefer ps3, but if it looks too bad on it ......:unsure: !

Has there been any info/screens on how it will look on the consoles ? Majoor decision regarding which version to get. In would prefer ps3, but if it looks too bad on it ......:unsure: !

Many officials videos are from the 360 version. Don't remember seeing PS3 version.

Many officials videos are from the 360 version. Don't remember seeing PS3 version.

Has there been any official word on whther the videos were from the 360? They could be all from the PC version for all we know. I spend so much time working on the PC , that I have started disliking using the same setup for games. Also, my right hand gets super tired holding that damned mouse all day.

Since Skyrim is something u might end up spending a lot of time in, I don't want it on my PC. But then everything we have seen looks so beautiful, that getting a watered down world when u finally get to play it might kill it for me.

How have the Fallout games performed on the ps3s?

Has there been any official word on whther the videos were from the 360? They could be all from the PC version for all we know. I spend so much time working on the PC , that I have started disliking using the same setup for games. Also, my right hand gets super tired holding that damned mouse all day.

Since Skyrim is something u might end up spending a lot of time in, I don't want it on my PC. But then everything we have seen looks so beautiful, that getting a watered down world when u finally get to play it might kill it for me.

How have the Fallout games performed on the ps3s?

Time ago Bethesda said the videos were a mixed walkthrough of both platforms if I remember right.

You mean to say all those perfect shadows from foliage, without any jaggies or pixellation, are from the consoles;)? i don't believe that !

Who knows. At least Dragon Age 2 looked very (surprisingly) good on PS3, using MLAA too. But not really my type of game. Perhaps Skyrim, I'm with AlStrong here, also never played anything from this series. In fact, I haven't played almost any Western RPG at all (only very few JRPGs too). So I'm wondering if I'll like this one.

Back