New det 50s IQ comparisons at gamersdepot using halo + TRAOD

DaveBaumann said:
It no wonder they have sent an NDA out to all the sites saying "Don't talk about features, but mention performance though"

I hope you are kidding...Eh?...;) If they did such a thing I would have refused to use them on that basis alone. Anyway, it would appear that none of the sites now conducting IQ tests with them are heeding it. Or, was this just something nVidia tried to do to manipulate developers like Valve running benchmarks? Tell me you're joking...:)

this is sureal...

[url=http://www.techconnect.ws/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2649 said:
TechConnect[/url]]After receiving some emails from Andrew (European PR Manager for nVidia), we decided to pull down the Detonator 51.75 driver because this driver is not ready to go and is absolutely not ready to be installed on any machine yet. Andrew doesnt know exactly where its coming from, but nVidia released this driver to some hard- and software firms just for testing purposes, since theyve changed some interesting things for the 50.xx driver series.

Some of the release notes for this driver that were floating around the net are just a fake and have nothing to offer current nVidia card based owners.

So, the notes are not true, they are in no way in a state to be installed on any machines, but reviewers are supposed to benchmark with them...?????

WTF?

DaveBaumann said:
So, the notes are not true, they are in no way in a state to be installed on any machines, but reviewers are supposed to benchmark with them...?????

Well, of course. Official line would be....They don't want the support issues that would be generated from installing a set of drivers like these.
My take is...if they're publicly available then they're open to analysis.
Trouble is they want the reviewers to post the performance numbers. (...cake, and eat it too)

Bottom line, anybody hosting them publicly is going to get told to take them down.I was surprised anybody posted them. I'd have thought they'd be under strict instructions not to.

DaveBaumann said:
this is sureal...

WTF?

I told you to forget about them, didn't I? :devilish:

DaveBaumann said:

WTF?

It's the new Nvidia "Way It's Not Meant To Be Played" campaign. They give you loads of drivers and software, but tell you it's not meant to be played that way. :oops:

Come on guys, are we *really* surprised ?

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
DaveBaumann said:

WTF?

It's the new Nvidia "Way It's Not Meant To Be Played" campaign. They give you loads of drivers and software, but tell you it's not meant to be played that way. :oops:

Come on guys, are we *really* surprised ?
No, but I reserve the right to act righteously chagrined at the development on the boards. ;)

DaveBaumann said:
this is sureal...

[url=http://www.techconnect.ws/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2649 said:
TechConnect[/url]]After receiving some emails from Andrew (European PR Manager for nVidia), we decided to pull down the Detonator 51.75 driver because this driver is not ready to go and is absolutely not ready to be installed on any machine yet. Andrew doesnt know exactly where its coming from, but nVidia released this driver to some hard- and software firms just for testing purposes, since theyve changed some interesting things for the 50.xx driver series.

Some of the release notes for this driver that were floating around the net are just a fake and have nothing to offer current nVidia card based owners.

WTF?

OK, now it makes a little more sense--they got caught--*again*--so they are now telling everyone it was all a mistake and the drivers aren't *really* ready to be run by real people running their real games...;) Only by Valve, of course, to post bogus and inflated HL2 benchmark scores based on them. That didn't work so now it's take-'em-back time. Unreal...

DaveBaumann said:
The sig doesn't actually pertain to me, but rather an interesting chap I've met recently! :)
Really? Anyone you can mention? It's not nice to give a quote without giving credit for it...... (yeah, I'm fishing. :rolleyes: )

I have to say, this is really quite entertaining. :) -- from a short sighted perspective I admit. We need >2< strong viable contendors as a minimum. I guess what I find enjoyable is not that Nvidia is doing bad, but that their feeble attempts at screwing with the industry are being so easily identified.

DaveBaumann said:
this is sureal...

WTF?

"It has come to the attention of Eidos that an unreleased patch for Tomb Raider: AOD has unfortunately been used as the basis for videocard benchmarking. While Eidos and Core appreciate the need for modern benchmarking software that utilizes the advanced shading capabilities of modern graphics hardware, Tomb Raider: AOD Patch 49 was never intended for public release and is not a basis for valid benchmarking comparisons. Core and Eidos believe that Tomb Raider: AOD performs exceptionally well on NVIDIA hardware." - Paul Baldwin, Eidos
http://www.tt-hardware.com/article.php?sid=4935
:rolleyes: :oops: :LOL:

Evildeus said:
"It has come to the attention of Eidos that an unreleased patch for Tomb Raider: AOD has unfortunately been used as the basis for videocard benchmarking. While Eidos and Core appreciate the need for modern benchmarking software that utilizes the advanced shading capabilities of modern graphics hardware, Tomb Raider: AOD Patch 49 was never intended for public release and is not a basis for valid benchmarking comparisons. Core and Eidos believe that Tomb Raider: AOD performs exceptionally well on NVIDIA hardware." - Paul Baldwin, Eidos

I'm sure Rev is gonna love this one....

Evildeus said:

I smell fear.... and two liar...
As reported in the article (in french), you can find the patch OFFICIAL PUBLIC RELEASE there : http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/index.html

PS: You've no idea how hard it is to me not to comment about that without swearing.

-/ EDIT/-
couldn't resist being a bit nasty

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
It's the new Nvidia "Way It's Not Meant To Be Played" campaign.

You sure it's not the "The Way We're Meant To Play You" campaign? ;)

Psarge said:
(...cake, and eat it too)

With quntum mechanics you can have the cake and eat it too! :D

*G*

Back