AMD: Southern Islands (7*** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread

Why are you making such a big fuss about it now? There was 3 slot DCII HD6950, HD6970, GTX570 and GTX580 last gen but I don't recall seeing such fuss about those - in fact they were largely popular due efficient and silent cooling

I'm not throwing a tantrum, just saying it feels silly to let it occupy 3 slots and then only factory clock it to 1010Mhz.

This 6GiB :LOL: and >1300MHz SKU overview was probably fake.

At the moment it looks AMD limited 7970 to 1GHz and 7950 to 0.9GHz partner OC. The final DirectCU II could have only 1GHz, like Asus' slides said.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127652

Apparently not as it seems that MSI is also shipping a product at 1.01 GHz and it's not even their Lightning edition. (and it looks like there's at least 10 in stock for anyone interested)

Very nice - I like that demo not only for the underlying tech but also for the great looks and the funny story.

While I'm really glad that AMD is doing these cool demos again, I'm also really sad that neither my HD5870 or my HD6950 can play this demo, and the demos that came out at their time were.. well, non-inspiring.

And I do miss Ruby :(

Back