AMD: Southern Islands (7*** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread

Are the high end versions (single gpu) coming out anytime before BF3 and Skyrim?

That's what I was wanting to know myself, but you beat me to it. I too would like to know if the high-end version will be released before the end of the year, around the time of some of the best games coming to PC this year, Skyrim and Battlefield 3.

I doubt Skyrim will require any kind of serious hardware to run at max though.

GCN = Graphics Core Next

Read this thread from about page 7 or 8 onwards.

Has Week 38 popped up on anyone else's radar?
Is that for BD or something else?

Search Google for Week 38 and receive a wealth of pregnancy health site results.

Here is hoping AMD have a smooth and healthy birth to their new baby Bulldozer, I am sure they are proud fathers of Brazos and Llano already.

It's too bad there are only a few games worthy of even Cayman. Or Cypress and Thermi, for that matter! And DX10/10.1 have been quietly EOLed by almost everyone after only getting a few full-on attempts at being utilized - a road that DX11 appears to be on too. After Carmack's recent ripping apart of Windows game APIs and drivers, I also can't help but feel that no PC hardware is being used remotely fully on any level anymore.

*Ignore this whining/ranting if you are running triple output like Davros. ;)

Yeah AMD came up with a very good way to motivate people to buy more and bigger GPUs with Eyefinity! :D

Yeah AMD came up with a very good way to motivate people to buy more and bigger GPUs with Eyefinity! :D

A shame they aren't in the monitor business though, as I am sure they would also want to sell 3 monitors with those GPUs.

Whatever happened to the "flood" of extremely thin bezeled monitors?

Back