Mass Effect 3

For some reason I had to download a couple of the free multiplayer DLC's twice as it didn't get loaded properly. None of my 3 friends playing this game had this problem though.

Just finished me2, liked it but the action was rather clunky. Liked the story and had a lot of fun, but gameplay felt dated (3 year old game anyway)

Started me 3. So far I like it a lot. Action is a lot better, faster and more engaging. Graphics are also a lot better :)

I play as an adept and in me2 that was pretty much singularity-> wait for refresh (shooting relatively stationary idiots in cover) -> warp. Then repeat.

Now the refresh timers are a lot shorter and the action just feels very improved. Much more engaging.

Also like that I so far haven't had to hack anything!

ME1 was sort of a confused KOTOR third person shooter. I liked the interactive movie feel of ME2 but I think I've burned out on it and I haven't finished ME3.

If you think the action in ME2 is clunky, you probably haven't played ME1.

For classes, I think Infiltrator, Sentinel and Vanguard are the best for ME2 - a sneaky sniper with a few offensive powers, a spellcasting tank, and a super aggressive shotgun wielder, all make for very different gameplay experiences. Adept with Singularity is a pretty laid back choice compared to them. Too bad you can only have Liara on your team in the Shadow Broker DLC (I think she's the only team member with Singularity).

Oh and the Soldier is of course a straight shooter, and the Engineer is the least used for a reason.

That's different from the single player. Engineer has been the least played class through all the games.

I enjoyed engineer a good bit, I found the turrets to really help on harder difficulties. I did find the game to be too short. Think I was done well under 40 hrs, compared to 150 that I spent on my first ME1 toon. I replayed 1 and 2 a few times but oddly not 3 which from a gameplay view was the most fun for me.

I was a bit bummed that the citadel was reduced to levels with a lift, it just felt too confined. If they could combine 3 with the openness of 1 I will be excited, who am I kidding, I want more of the ME universe!

If you think the action in ME2 is clunky, you probably haven't played ME1.

For classes, I think Infiltrator, Sentinel and Vanguard are the best for ME2 - a sneaky sniper with a few offensive powers, a spellcasting tank, and a super aggressive shotgun wielder, all make for very different gameplay experiences. Adept with Singularity is a pretty laid back choice compared to them. Too bad you can only have Liara on your team in the Shadow Broker DLC (I think she's the only team member with Singularity).

Oh and the Soldier is of course a straight shooter, and the Engineer is the least used for a reason.

I did play the first but that's half a decade ago :)

Personally I like adept the most, you can just rape everything with singularity warp pull and throw :)

I love the ME snipers! Sniper it is for me...

I always pick the sniper as my second weapon (advent done so in me 3 yet). The viper sniper in me2 allowed very rapid fire, so you could take down those scions in one clip on hardcore.

My main reason for playing adept was use to the gun play itself being quite poor in me1 and me2 feeling dyed and clunky - I played it mostly for the story. In any case, being adept allowed me to almost never shoot :) it also helped that the spells you cast are cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Back