Mass Effect 3

Imo story and discussions are far more important than the mediocre gunplay in ME-games. MGS 4 is one of my favourite games ever due to the colossal amount of well made cutscenes in it. There can be (and is actually) a third choice between movie/serie and simple gameplay only games.

Of course the RPG-mode is the only one I'm willing to play in this one, but the story and setting is 95% of the reason, why I'm getting the third one and why I'm in luv with this series in general.

I see, you find the interactions meaningful enough outside combat, I find the rythm lacking in those moments.
Everyone's different, so it's a good thing they offer choice.
They already offer plenty of choice about how to play the game thanks to the different classes.

(Just "scared" I'd lose the RPG mode I enjoy because a majority wouldn't like it ^^)

Mass Effect 3 story files leaked
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-07-mass-effect-3-story-files-leaked

A lengthy story breakdown for Mass Effect 3 has been leaked online, developer BioWare has confirmed.

The document was mined from a beta version of the game that, as reported earlier today, accidentally made its way onto Xbox Live over the weekend.

The document was reportedly found by Russian fansite Bioware.ru which posted it in full.
BioWare has confirmed the leak, but insisted that the document is not representative of how the finished game will turn out.

"Even though the information in those files is out of date and does not reflect the final story experience, we urge fans not to read them if they want to experience the purest form of the story in Mass Effect 3."

Epic fail from Microsoft. It's bad enough when stuff like that happens, but when it's not even your fault... Poor Bioware.

Nobody who's played the last couple games will intentionally seek ME3 spoilers anyways. That's just be horrible to go 5 years and find out what the ending is online.

Isn't that the reason we have easy modes ?

Some people have no ability to aim with dual analog sticks. It freaked me out when I saw him dying over and over in such a pathetic way so this is a welcome feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
May be they will gain from some publicity. ^_^
We'll just have to avoid people who spoil the story intentionally.

When's the game coming out anyway ? Next year right ? Or did I confuse it with the next Bioshock ?

From what Bioware guys lately posted, it seems the only thing that's leaked is some text file summaries written at the early stages of the game's development, basically rough plotlines that have been more or less revised. Still, the general directions are in there, so it's a spoiler nonetheless...

Not that it's that hard to make some guesses based on the previous games and fan expectations, though ;)
- You'll need some kind of deus ex machina to defeat the Reapers because even a few dozen of them would be too much for all the Citadel civilizations' fleets to stand a chance.
- There's probably going to be a lot of different endings for both the game and the main overarching conflicts like the geth-quarian war or the genophage, all depending on your choices.
- You're going to visit areas you haven't seen before, like various Citadel race homeworlds. I also expect an expedition into the depths of the Citadel itself, it must hold a lot of undiscovered secrets.
- You'll have a chance to get back together with your ME1 love interest.

And so on...

It's more than the text file. I think an internal beta was also released to more users pre-maturely.

Yeah but the beta gameplay doesn't really spoil much as it's been part of the various E3 and Gamescon demo presentations. You can see more of the game's intro and some conversations but there's nothing about plot twists or endings in the beta gameplay part itself.
Sure, it is spoiling some of the game but anyone keeping an eye on the game so far has already seen most of it.

From what I read, the biggest surprise in the beta leak is the game modes. Not sure when they planned to reveal it, but it's out there earning some PR for them now. ^_^

This kind of stuff always makes you wonder about what else is there if they're willing to show so much? ;)

That scene was talked about in the previews done by the press earlier in the year, so while its new to look at, its not really 'spoiling' anything (it was already known to exist). They have been quite controlled in what information has been released. Most of the content released seems to be from the same 3 or 4 missions. Of coures multiplayer seemed to have been the worst kept secret in gaming this year and was no surprise when it was finally announced.

Back