Uncharted 3

Is that because you consider Indiana Jones greater, or just that they are different beasts altogether?

The mummy is a poorly purfumed shitheap. I wouldn't even consider anywhere near Uncharted's league, especially in terms of characters, setting, story etc.

So what about Uncharted and the ol' Michael Douglas movies "Romancing the stone" and it's prequel? Or Uncharted and national treasure (of which Nicolas Cage movies are admittedly a guilty pleasure of mine:devilish:)?

The Mummy is a pile of shit. Uncharted is definitely better, in every possible way. I have nothing against Uncharted 2, as a game. It's actually a very good and enjoyable games - one of the best action games this gen - but my standards for games in many regards are much lower than they would be for movies. If you took the gameplay out of Uncharted and turned it into an animated movie, it would be a really terrible movie. On the other hand, The Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of the most perfectly executed genre movies in the history of film. You can't really compare games and movies directly, but in all of the aspects that are comparable, Uncharted falls WELL short (as would pretty much any game).

Haven't seen Romancing the Stone in probably twenty years. Maybe I'll check Netflix and see what I think. Oh, man, those Nicholas Cage movies are horrible.

First Mummy was somewhat interesting. The others were a blur. I can't recall anything. :devilish:

The last Indiana Jones movie wasn't that great either.

Earlier Indiana Jones were gold. If I rewatch them now, I may find them boring though. ^_^

First Mummy was somewhat interesting. The others were a blur. I can't recall anything. :devilish:

Earlier Indiana Jones were gold. If I rewatch them now, I may find them boring though. ^_^

Raiders is only boring if you have terrible taste ... and you did find the first Mummy movie interesting ;)

Which Indiana Jones movie was that Patsu? I've heard people speak about a recent Indie movie with something todo with a Crystal Skull.

I think they may be confused though, there was no Indiana Jones movie released in 2008 starring Shia LaBeouf and Harrison Ford. It never happened :devilish:

The Mummy is a pile of shit. Uncharted is definitely better, in every possible way. I have nothing against Uncharted 2, as a game. It's actually a very good and enjoyable games - one of the best action games this gen - but my standards for games in many regards are much lower than they would be for movies. If you took the gameplay out of Uncharted and turned it into an animated movie, it would be a really terrible movie. On the other hand, The Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of the most perfectly executed genre movies in the history of film. You can't really compare games and movies directly, but in all of the aspects that are comparable, Uncharted falls WELL short (as would pretty much any game).

Haven't seen Romancing the Stone in probably twenty years. Maybe I'll check Netflix and see what I think. Oh, man, those Nicholas Cage movies are horrible.

I think ultimately it'll always be an unfair comparison to make between a video game and a movie. Which i'm sure is your exact point. As you can't simply take a great movie and split up its action scenes into gameplay segments as it won't work. Conversely you can't take a great action/adventure game and combine all the cutscenes to make a movie, it would also suck.

Movies have many advantages with narrative, plot and storytelling devices they can employ that just wouldn't work in games. In the same way games can do things with combining gameplay and storytelling that would be impossible with movies (hence why a SOTC movie would never ever work).

So i would never draw i direct comparison between a game like Uncharted and a movie like Indiana Jones. However when i would use the two in the same breath, i would say that the two are analagous to each other in the manner in which for their art form and entertainment medium, they are two of the best that you can find that deal with similar themes (ancient discovery, exploration, globe-hopping and likeable characters).

Which Indiana Jones movie was that Patsu? I've heard people speak about a recent Indie movie with something todo with a Crystal Skull.

I think they may be confused though, there was no Indiana Jones movie released in 2008 starring Shia LaBeouf and Harrison Ford. It never happened :devilish:

:LOL: I wish they never made that movie too !

Raiders is only boring if you have terrible taste ... and you did find the first Mummy movie interesting ;)

I don't see why interesting movies need calibration or scale.

IMHO, EuroTrip is a lot more interesting than Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Mummy. Doesn't mean it's a better or worse movie. It's definitely more funny though. :D

A lot of the Raiders' traps and treasure hunting + Nazi plot points have been revealed and reused in many places.

Even Dark Souls has a few giant rolling ball traps.

I have the boxed set and they make a regular appearance at least once a month. Though I was never that keen on the Temple of Doom, short stop annoys for some reason.

Does the cinematic mode use higher detailed models? because those close character shots look very very good for an MP mode!

I don't know about that sorry. I don't think so. It's just shots taken from replay but I don't think it uses higher detailed models.

Started playing this last night and it amazes me how ND get the PS3 to produce textures like this game has.
So hard to believe that the PS3 mostly fails in multi-platform comparisons yet can give us a game such as this.
It makes you wonder if Sony only allows certain companies to use hidden power switch on the PS3.
I'm enjoying this so much more than gears3.

Oh you're in for a treat then. Better sit down and buckle up when you go beyond Chapter 10 or so.
Ya, the first few chapters are a little slow, but the game really picks up at around chapter 10 and just gets better and better (with exception to a chapter or two).

Good game. Having fun playing so far. Just got to France. The aiming is totally shit, but so far I'm having fun anyway. Not sure how they managed to screw that up, but diagonal movement is incredibly slow. I like the new melee system. It's very simple, a basic version of the attack/counter found in the new Batman games. Most games just have a melee bash button, but I like the contextual attacks this system provides. The game is a bit slow to start, but so was Uncharted 2. They could do without some of the "climb up there and pull that lever" stuff, because it slows the game down, and really doesn't provide any kind of a challenge at all. A better use of the platforming was Drake being chased by the private security early on. All in all, the experience is good.

Back