Uncharted 3

Some parts of the first few chapters are pretty rough. I have a feeling these were developed last (and they ran out of time), or first (when the tools were "immature" ?).

When the game hits its strides (e.g, At the
Chateau forest
now), this game's visual tops Uncharted 2.

Damn! My copy just left amazon yesterday and I probably won't get it until end of this week. :S I'm so itching for this game... I even thought about buying it at the local gamestore just so that I can start playing today........

EDIT: Fuck it, reserved it at my local gamestore. Now I'll have two copies by the end of the week.... Damn you Naughty Dog!!! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! My copy just left amazon yesterday and I probably won't get it until end of this week. :S I'm so itching for this game... I even thought about buying it at the local gamestore just so that I can start playing today........

EDIT: Fuck it, reserved it at my local gamestore. Now I'll have two copies by the end of the week.... Damn you Naughty Dog!!! :cool:

Atleast you know when the copy will reach u, my pre-order is just somewhere out there. My vendor hasn't sent me any notification regarding it. I am hoping it reaches tomorrow or day after :unsure: ! I hope it doesn't reach on the other side of this weekend !

lol I am too lazy, the store is 5 minutes away from my place and I don't feel like moving my butt from my couch. Ah well, maybe when I'm on my way to the university I'll visit the store.

Given the current situation where mediamarkt matches or beats online pricing almost always, is a few minutes away from my home by bicycle, and generally has the game on or the evening before release date, and always has plenty of stock, it looks very unlikely that I'll pre-order a game online anywhere near the future. If anything, I'd pre-order it there, because they give an automatic 5% discount on games you pre-order there. I was actually too late for that for Uncharted, or I'd have payed 49,50 euro instead of 52.

I pre-ordered it on Amazon in summer already. They had a nice "pre-order U3, get the official Sony PS3 bluetooth headset for free" deal going. Was 60€, but I already got a 5€ refund from that for whatever reason, so 55€ for the game + headset. KIck-ass deal considering that headset is rather pricey.

ok... weird.
How was the game?

Expect some rough edges (artifacts, not so smooth scene transition at the beginning). IMHO, U2's Nepalese town and the village are better than the early U3 chapters. But when U3 decides to show off, it's more breath-taking than U2.

Gameplay-wise, I think U3 combat is more interesting and varied than U2. In U2, I stop and pop. In U3, they come after my *ss, so I might as well seize the initiative (to wean them off).

The new melee mechanics is simple but I like it. I tend to use stealth and melee more.

I'm not digging Naughty Dog's love for the heavily armored assholes with shotguns. Hated them in U2 already, but in U3 they really piss me off because there are just soo many of them.

Back