Uncharted 3

Thank you ND! Drake looks so much older now to a point his face is almost different to the prequels. But damn the screenshots look HOT! Lighting seems a bit improved or is it just me? Can't wait to see what new girls and villains are up this time around. And I guess my own interpretation of a desert setting wasn't that far off :).
25z5dah.jpg

Right, so you don't know it's shopped or anything, you're just saying it to say it. Good we established that.
What, you want me to get a ND artist and confirm you it's a photoshop? LOL. If you want to believe that's a real screenshot go ahead, but I'm not fooled ;)

Lighting seems a bit improved or is it just me?

It wouldn't be surprising if they used higher quality settings in the engine (precision, samples etc). Afterall, these are PR images.

What, you want me to get a ND artist and confirm you it's a photoshop? LOL. If you want to believe that's a real screenshot go ahead, but I'm not fooled ;)

In the end it's just a still image, and they could be using 2D assets for far away items or doing other tricks that could still be considered in-engine. Doesn't mean anything until we see a video. Take for example Call of Duty's larger smoke clouds that are effectively static art with multiple layers to complete the illusion. Looks nice in still images, but the three-dimensionality can be lost in motion.

It wouldn't be surprising if they used higher quality settings in the engine (precision, samples etc). Afterall, these are PR images.
That there is the most significant point. Every single game that's released, there's a group who look at the initial PR images including concept art and go, "wow, this game looks amazing," only to find the hardware limits of these consoles aren't up to it and the real game doesn't look as good. Nate's clothing looks far too high quality to be in-game models. In engine, maybe. But really, there's no point trying to gauge engine performance from PR pics! At this point it's all about the game, its gameplay and setting and features. What the engine achieves in the visual department, and whether ND's god-like status has found another pantheon to reach or not, should wait until we get actual screenshots.

If you can explain to me how you came to that conclusion from that particularly small screen (rather, a particularly small selection of a screen) then I'll be more than happy to listen.

I'm assuming when you say "real screenshot" you mean "in-game" to which I clearly do not think it is in game. However, there is nothing that leads me to believe that this is a hodge podge of elements from models, landscape, and digital paintings.

So, again, if you can tell me something a bit more substantial than "this is a shop and I've seen quite a few shops in my time" then I'll continue to believe this is probably something from either a cutscene, or a super sampled render of a moment within the game.

I looked through arne's posts on GAF in the U3 thread. I think he works for/with NaughtyDog ?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24821798&postcount=989

Originally Posted by Totobeni:
3D huh , well good bye big graphical improvement then :(

As someone said, that's not how it works, at all.

It already looks way more awesome than Uncharted 2 did, and we're a year from release. You'll see soon!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24829158&postcount=1649

Originally Posted by TTP:
What's the actual resolution Arne? Can you say? "high-resolution" means nothing really.

Edit - I mean in 3D. Per eye.

Nope, unfortunately not until we're done because technology is going to progress quite a bit by the time we need to hit gold master.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24820988&postcount=824

Originally Posted by Psychotext:
I'm going to get shouted at here...

...as much of a fan as I am of Uncharted, especially Uncharted 2, isn't three games in four years pushing it a bit?

It's not 4 years, you're not counting the time Uncharted 1 was in development. It's always been about 2 years between each game starting from Jak X -- although Uncharted 1 had a bit longer pre-production period. Releasing next year keeps on that same schedule.

So, again, if you can tell me something a bit more substantial than "this is a shop and I've seen quite a few shops in my time" then I'll continue to believe this is probably something from either a cutscene, or a super sampled render of a moment within the game.
I'm not trying to convince you. You can believe anything you want. My observation still stands though, and now, upon further inspection, I think the three far away dunes to the left are hand painted. It's actually easy to notice when you compare them to the other dunes.

What about the plane ? Most people don't give a damn about the dunes unless they shift like real ones under windy condition.

I'm not trying to convince you. You can believe anything you want. My observation still stands though, and now, upon further inspection, I think the three far away dunes to the left are hand painted. It's actually easy to notice when you compare them to the other dunes.

Was my first observation as it looks painted as part of skybox or 'horisont texture'.

What about the plane ? Most people don't give a damn about the dunes unless they shift like real ones under windy condition.

What about the color of his shoooes? ಠ_ಠ

What about the color of his shoooes? ಠ_ಠ

It's a third person shooter. Some people noticed the half-tuck shirt, so the same people may notice the shoes too if they are sloppy -- like some girls who judge their men by their shoe-sense. ^_^

No comment on the plane ?

The engine should be running in some not-so-stable form if they have a demo in 3 days.

Back