The Fight : Lights Out (ps3+Move)

Made it to 225 rounds last night in Endurance Sparring before I just put my hands up and let the CPU win to end the close to 2 hours of punching.

Incoming !

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/30/new-patch-and-dlc-info-for-the-fight-lights-out/

Thanks to those of you who have given us feedback on The Fight: Lights Out since it launched; today we’re bringing you the first update to the game. This update resolves several small issues reported by players and includes the ability to make your fighter transparent in order to get a better view of your opponent.

If that weren’t enough, you will now be able to use all of the boss characters as well as the main man, Duke, to use in both online and offline multiplayer modes as part of the Duke DLC pack.

The patch will soon be available to download when you start up the game and the Duke DLC will be available from PlayStation Store in December.

My Move set up arrived a while back as did this game. I'll set it up and give it a go to post impressions. Having done a bit of Western boxing and martial arts I'm quite intrigued.

Amazon.com has The Fight up for $29,99 ... (a few other Move games like The Shoot as well and even Sports Champions, which I reckon doesn't sell that well out of the bundle in the US ;) ).

I haven't tried the patch yet, will probably do so tonight.

This game is fantastic, easily my game of the year!
I´ve never got so exhausted in front of the TV (that means REALLY exhausted) and it feels so rewarding when trophies keep blipping up.

Beginners should take note of the instructions in this video though.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/30/new-patch-and-dlc-info-for-the-fight-lights-out/
Unless you practise outside the ring you will not make much progress in the game.

The poor reviews of this game simply doesn´t make any sense at all, but it may be because game reviewers in general lacks stamina. :p

I just bought another copy for a friend, planning to set up a virtual Fight Club. :D

This game is fantastic, easily my game of the year!
I´ve never got so exhausted in front of the TV (that means REALLY exhausted) and it feels so rewarding when trophies keep blipping up.

Beginners should take note of the instructions in this video though.
Unless you practise outside the ring you will not make much progress in the game.

The poor reviews of this game simply doesn´t make any sense at all, but it may be because game reviewers in general lacks stamina. :p

I just bought another copy for a friend, planning to set up a virtual Fight Club. :D
One of the reasons I have been thinking about this game lately. i don't like the look of the game, and am never a violent person at all in my life, but while playing GOW III, I realised that while I hated the over sexualised tone of the game, but whenever Kratos was trampling Helios under his foot or putting thumbs into the enemies' eyes or humiliating Hades, somewhere I was feeling very gratified. I don't like Gore, but those in the face moments in the game where I was brutally finishing off gods, i was getting very satisfied ;) ! Which made me think maybe I would love to literally bash up opponents in The Fight (and have a good workout while at it!). Also, its been so long since the days of early morning sessions of Taekwondo !

I am not a sadist :unsure: ! and hope Kratos bloody dies by the time GOW 3 ends, bu...bu..but....He does kill them off fine !

Saw the GT review of the game. He has simply trashed the game completely. I stopped watvhing after half tge video had passed, his play session videos look completely opposite to OnQ's videos here. OnQ shows precise punches and training sessions, GT reviewer shows footage with arms in strange angles, flailing and punching landing in weird flailing manners.

Looks like the same thing again: reviewer has to deliver a review quickly, so plays it as a chore rather than enjoying it as a game ! Sad state of affairs which is regularly showing up these days :( !

Saw the GT review of the game. He has simply trashed the game completely. I stopped watvhing after half tge video had passed, his play session videos look completely opposite to OnQ's videos here. OnQ shows precise punches and training sessions, GT reviewer shows footage with arms in strange angles, flailing and punching landing in weird flailing manners.

Looks like the same thing again: reviewer has to deliver a review quickly, so plays it as a chore rather than enjoying it as a game ! Sad state of affairs which is regularly showing up these days :( !

I think what you're seeing is one of the main issues with 1:1 or close to 1:1 motion gaming, which is the physical limitation of the person playing. I had no idea so many people couldn't throw a straight punch normally until I started seeing videos of people playing Wii Sports boxing, Kinect Sports boxing and the Fight. Most guys seem to punch like five year old kids .... or Alexander Semin.

To be fair, motion gaming is a very personal experience. A buttony interface abstracts, simplifies and generalizes the trigger actions (It makes the experience more consistent and predictable). A motion interface makes it more expressive, liberating, and sometimes more intuitive. Therein lies the users' idiosyncrasies.

In a way, Nintendo is smart by making Wii twitchy. ^_^

Saw the GT review of the game. He has simply trashed the game completely.
iWaggle links to some PS blog gameplay tips. I viewed the first vid and it showed what presumably is a real fighter/boxer overlaid with the game's interpretation. It was definitely better than GT's sad state - I wonder if the didn't calibrate properly, or if low level characters don't have much oomph and you need to level them? Some of the PS blog footage did look a little weak to me, though I don't know what to look for. I wonder if it's just a lack of motion blur as much as anything? I'd be interested what some of those who ahve criticised The Fight : LO think of the top video in this link :

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2010/12/fi....html?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4cf7cd859c553d81,0

I think I'd have fun playing this game, but head tracking would not work for me at all. It's winter here, so it's dark as hell early in the evening. On top of that, I have blood red walls in my living room (weird, I know), and two lamps that barely light up the room.

Still haven't seen a vid where anyone successfully uses any kind of defense. It's pretty much the faster puncher wins, or looks that way.

iWaggle links to some PS blog gameplay tips. I viewed the first vid and it showed what presumably is a real fighter/boxer overlaid with the game's interpretation. It was definitely better than GT's sad state - I wonder if the didn't calibrate properly, or if low level characters don't have much oomph and you need to level them? Some of the PS blog footage did look a little weak to me, though I don't know what to look for. I wonder if it's just a lack of motion blur as much as anything? I'd be interested what some of those who ahve criticised The Fight : LO think of the top video in this link :

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2010/12/fi....html?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4cf7cd859c553d81,0

that's not a real boxer that's one of the devs that made the game.

I've seen at least one reviewer who hadn't even figured out how to spend ability points. He still had the basic 60, and when he was going through the menus he said something like 'look it seems as if I have another ability point', he then proceeded to spend it on Heart, except he pressed the cancel button instead of confirm and didn't actually spend it. It was both hilarious and sad.

So yeah, a character with no ability points isn't going to fight all that well (doesn't matter for training though). We saw this coming waaaaaaaaaay back when this title was announced though, didn't we? The stats in combination with the one-to-one tracking would conflict. It's not so bad though - as a mechanic that keeps you going back to the training room to get better it still works just fine. But for review purposes, they would have been better off finding a way to allow you more 100% stat type fighting right off the bat.

After a brief GT5 filled intermission, I finally got round to trying the transparency patch yesterday, and I'm impressed - they managed to get it in there AND make the framerate a lot smoother still rather than slower. Good job (though of course it's a relatively simple rendering task, but they still did it anyway). Also I can now look at the stats for my opponents in the events, which makes betting a little easier, and also the progression a little easier to understand now. Got a pretty good win-streak in as a result and made a lot of cash. :cool:

This game, which I'm still playing fairly regularly!, just got a fitness expansion pack released today. I bought it but haven't tried it yet - not going to right now, because then I won't sleep tonight. It contains various new training exersizes that are more aimed at real fitness, and apparently has some kind of fitness tracking now too.

Description here:

http://www.pushsquare.com/23384/whats-in-the-fights-fitness-pack/

the Fitness Pack includes a number of new training methods to help target your punching, endurance and overall cardio.

Split into a series of new mini-games, the Fitness Pack includes new exercises such as arm circles, jump squats, high-knee running and lunges. There are also a few new punching exercises: combo punching is similar to the main game’s target practice, but requires a combination of punches as opposed to single jabs; Duke sparring pitches you against the unbeatable Danny Trejo, testing your technique and general reactions; and, our favourite, Dummy, simply asks you to let rip against a limb-less torso that’s super-satisfying to punch. The exercises work well, and while it’s possible to cheat, the benefits when performing the tasks correctly feel good. You definitely feel the burn on some of them. All of the exercises can be split into rounds, allowing you to set the length and intensity. Alternatively you can do a circuit of all the mini-games, specifying a target calorie goal or session length. Stats are stored in a new area of the menu, allowing you to analyse your progress over time, as well as observe a neat little pie-chart break-down of each of the exercises and their cumulative calorie burn.

Participating in the training mini-games even earns Skill Points, allowing you to level-up your in-game character quicker too.

Sounds like a good addition to the game. Smart idea too, tapping into the fitness game market, but in a form that more men are going to want to try out. Most of the fitness games do seem geared to women.

Am I right to assume that this is exponentially more enjoyable with two ice cream cones? Kinda wanna try this, but then I don't feel like buying another move controller at the moment.

Back