Official GT5 discussion thread

So does that mean they were able to optimize the game engine more months ps3 to bring about said graphical improvements? Wonder how they did that considering the limited horsepower of the ps3 and the amount of stuff going on in gt5.

I'm not sure about the GFX improvements. I'd like to see side by side pics. I don't think the smoke OR shadows have been improved. Grass and signs is a strange one but again side by side shots would help.

Assuming the community observation is accurate...

Some could be bug fixes. ^_^

The higher res textures could be in the game already, but in some bugged cases, the game chose to use a lower res one.

Bloom effect would be addition work, assuming previous patches didn't remove it accidentally. ;-)

Not sure about grass specifically, but may be it's a side effect from other general improvements ? Splashing rain on road surface would be cool to watch and compare.

Splashing rain i havent tried yet. When they say grass, clearly they are not talking about the grass textures as they are defo the same (of course there are many grass textures in the game). So that only really leaves the small swaying type as your car shoots by? Still, all the other confirmed fixes and the definite "non confirmed" fixes really add up in the bigger scheme of things. Just get the additional content sorted now and we're good to go, and a few GUI nip and tucks.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-xl-edition-full-details-box-art-released/

More information about the recently-leaked “Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition” has just been posted by online retailer NewEgg. From the product description:

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition features the full original version of Gran Turismo 5 game, the best-selling racing game on PlayStation 3, all of the downloadable patches and free feature and content updates through Spec 2.0, as well as a voucher for all of Gran Turismo 5′s current and yet –to-be-released DLC valued at over $25.

Features:

Original Gran Turismo 5 game
1000+ customizable cars
20+ Tracks, 70+ layouts
16-player online racing
New online racing challenges updated on a regular basis
All game patches/updates since launch, including new Spec 2.0 update released in October 2011.
Voucher for over $25 worth of DLC, including 25 new cars, 4 tracks, and more
All of the DLC from October, December, and early 2012.

Official: Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition Hits This Month for $39.99
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/06/gran-turismo-5-xl-edition-hits-this-month-for-39-99/

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition Contents

Original Gran Turismo 5 game, featuring more than 1,000 cars, 20+ locations with 70+ track layouts, diverse racing styles including rally, track, karting, NASCAR, and more, deep online community features and online racing, plus Gran Turismo TV, Course Maker and more.

All of the new and improved features and functionality from all free downloadable game updates up through Spec 2.0 included on the disc.

Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack.

Acura NSX Concept
http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/detroit/2012/1203_2012_detroit_acura_nsx_concept/

Recently, Acura invited a select group of journalists out to its dealer meeting in Las Vegas for a taste of things to come. Along with the new ILX sedan and RDX crossover, we laid eyes on the shapely NSX concept on display at the 2012 Detroit show – and, better yet, received word that it previews an actual production car that is expected to be built right here in the USA and should be here in three year's time.

Acura NSX Concept from Gran Turismo 5:

Perhaps it will come in a future DLC ?

The B-Sped seasonal i mentioned above seems to be hard on the "Engine" much more slow down than i am used to, and some pretty incredible racing that easily competes with real life. Fighting over 3 rounds on la sarthe constantly changing places with a 787B, in the night, in the raid is pretty crazy..

I am tempted to do it all over again with the same setup (no i did not win that round :))

That harbour track doesn't ring any bells for me either. Recognised the rest I think.

Well, we've had stuff like this before with new tracks maybe, but they've never seen the light of day, however why go through all that work for a brief second of footage?! Somn else has to be cooking?

Not watched the trailer but thought i read somewhere that they were adding the valencia f1 track. does it look anything like that?

Back