Official GT5 discussion thread

I lost my last driver after migrating to the new HDD. I think it's because I started GT5 with a new save file. May have cleared my old server record away. :(

Copied my own save back from Cloud Save. New driver "Takagi" is online now. 0 experience. Is he out of your league ?

Lever doesn't matter. Just be an easy way for you to help earn additional credits offline. The more drivers you have, the more you can earn!

Lever doesn't matter. Just be an easy way for you to help earn additional credits offline. The more drivers you have, the more you can earn!

Alright... my driver doesn't have a switch as far as I can tell ! :LOL:
You have enough drivers right ? I want to focus on one first.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I will earn more with multiple drivers since my time and skills are not involved. I'll create another one tonight.

Do I need to leave the GT5 game in my drive for B-Spec driver to work ?

You mean so others can use your driver in remote race? If yes, you dont have to.
You only have to share him so he is uploaded. Your friends will be able to use him for you in remote races until you unshare him. No need to run the game. You will only need to run the game in your PS3 if YOU want to start remote races

That's right ! I thought I read about leaving GT5 running in the drive for some network feature. Yes, that's for hosting the remote races.

There's also a Firefox plugin you can use that will automatically run the races for you so you don't have to be at the PS3 to start them, or start them through the GT5 site.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/products/gt5/remote/

You can also host remote races from the official gran-turismo.com website.

To prepare, display the remote race screen of Gran Turismo 5, and set to the "Enter Server Standby Mode", or before hosting the remote race, place a checkmark in the "Enter Server Standby Mode When Race Ends" when starting the remote race. In Server Standby mode you cannot do other things in Gran Turismo 5. Set it to this mode when you are going out and accessing the races from a remote environment.

Next, display the gran-turismo.com website (http://www.gran-turismo.com/), and sign in from the "GT5 My Home" button on the upper right of the screen. You can remote control your PS3™ on standby at home, to start remote races, monitor the race progress by live text feed and check results.

I need to leave GT5 running first. Then I can host the race from PS3 or from gran-turismo.com remotely.

Patch 1.10 out now ...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/08/gt5-update-1-10-2/

For me the best improvements are likely to be saving during championships (I was waiting with the last few for that update), and easier parts management.

A reminder to all sleeping GT5 players, there is a limited time on the XP and Credit bonus. Get in your car and reap the rewards.

So that you can buy some of the best cast from the online dealer at half price and without millage..

I went through a few events that i had skippes and made a quick 3 million and spend them all in the shop.

Next goal, get another 6 million and buy the 787B in it´s correct colors :)

Have they added more tracks to the game ? I feel the selection of tracks in GT5 is sort of poor compare to previous.

Well, no more B-SPEC grinding for me, for awhile folks. Just had my 3rd PS3 with a BR failure. Can't justify a OOW repair or a new one at this point. Bummer.

I had a weird problem with GT5. I took my PS3 to a friends house. (2 PS3's, 2 HDtv's, 2 copies of GT5 :cool:) So I let him borrow my Fiat 500 for the seasonal event. Tried the race a few times unable to win. Try it again on my PS3, and it does fine. So whatever, maybe settings won't transfer over. Buy a new Fiat 500, change the settings, problem solved. Or so we thought. The new Fiat 500 with whatever settings we try, won't win. Not even close, coming up 4 seconds short each lap.

So what the hell is this? Is his version bugged? Because I can reliably win that event each time on my PS3, but always lose by about the same amount of time on his PS3. With the same cars, and the same settings.

Do you have different driver levels ? The car and settings may be the same. May be the AI is meaner on his box ?

Saw Phil Harrison's twit on Shuhei's account:
http://www.gtplanet.net/lucas-ordonez-team-score-podium-finish-at-24-hours-of-le-mans-2011/

As you’ve probably heard by now, GT Academy winner Lucas Ordoñez and his teammates Franck Mailleux and Soheil Ayari drove an incredible race at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans. Despite two unfortunate tire punctures, they pushed their Signatech Oreca Nissan back up through the field of LMP2 cars – all the way to a second place class finish in the world’s toughest endurance race.

Great that he could live out his dream.

Back