Official GT5 discussion thread

He's up ! V.Baldwin. Directed him to complete only 1 race. So... go easy on him. I didn't buy insurance for the poor guy. :runaway:

And... B-Spec UI s*cks ! Too little explanation. Poor error message(s). I uploaded my driver and tried to play a race locally. Got a generic message. Should have told me to stop sharing my driver.

It looks like Polyphony is experimenting with social gaming via B-Spec ? Like how you can water other folks' farms in Farm Story ? It's an interesting idea but I don't know if it's effective... [more later !]

EDIT: *Clap* Alright ! I shall wake up tomorrow morning to check my racing MLM credits.

Mr Baldwin is currently unavailable Pat, you must must have him set to offline.

Hmm... I checked a few seconds ago. When I selected him, GT5 asked if I want to cancel V.Baldwin's online status. I said 'no'. So he should be available online to play.

May be we have to wait a while ?

Maybe he races with other guys? :)

Yes but Patsu wouldn't be greyed out when selecting PSN users. If Mr Baldwin was being used elswhere, I'd still be able to select Patsu, but a big red line would be visible through his driver.

Yes but Patsu wouldn't be greyed out when selecting PSN users. If Mr Baldwin was being used elswhere, I'd still be able to select Patsu, but a big red line would be visible through his driver.

There's probably a delay. I see that you have increased my driver from level 1 to 14. I got 74,000 credits overnight. Thank you very much, sir. ^_^

I just wish the interface is easier to navigate, and the actual race is more accessible and compelling. What did you do ? Set up a race with selected shared/online drivers and let them run auto-pilot ?

There's probably a delay. I see that you have increased my driver from level 1 to 14. I got 74,000 credits overnight. Thank you very much, sir. ^_^

I just wish the interface is easier to navigate, and the actual race is more accessible and compelling. What did you do ? Set up a race with selected shared/online drivers and let them run auto-pilot ?

Yeah, thats all you can do for now. I'm trying to imagine a full online B-Spec mode where each user can instruct as per offline. Would be quite crazy! remember, if you can make more drivers please do so.

I think I "cheated" at a b-spec endurance race just now.

I borrowed the Redbull X2010 from a friend and started the Indy500 endurance race.
My driver caught up with the end of the pack after 4 laps, after 6 laps it had passed all the cars and was in the lead with 1 lap. During lap 5 it even crashed and came to a 100% stop, before it continued its hunt..... :D
The best lap by one of my drivers is about 10 second faster than any other car. 50 laps done in about 30-31 minutes. :D

:oops: I go on vacation for one week, and suddenly my b-spec driver has gone from level 7 to level 23. Big thank you to Eyes and Akesson. Now I can finally catch up on b-spec to win some of it's prize cars.

Hello - I don't often post in the forums but frequently lurk and enjoy reading. It's only recently that I've discovered the remote race feature in B-spec and wondered if people here would mind if I added them to my PSN? - this such a great feature! My PSN is Lee72.

Hello - I don't often post in the forums but frequently lurk and enjoy reading. It's only recently that I've discovered the remote race feature in B-spec and wondered if people here would mind if I added them to my PSN? - this such a great feature! My PSN is Lee72.

Add away mate. Cornsnake/Renezvous what are you're PSN tags I can add you also for some B-Spec loving.

Add away mate. Cornsnake/Renezvous what are you're PSN tags I can add you also for some B-Spec loving.

My PSN name is: cornsnake. Just put B3D in the friendsrequest so I know is from here. I'll try to make some more B-spec drivers today.

Edit: Added Antan to my friendslist, and made 4 additional B-spec drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have two B-spec drivers online, but I can add 3 more ... will do that tonight. ;)

I have been watching the racers in remote play and marveling the visuals. Is it only me that often confuses the standard cars with the premiums? I often find myself trying to change the camera to marvel the interior visuals with the driver only to find out there is none because its a standard car, and I am like.....what the?? But it looked so good :LOL:
Then I try to spot the lower detail and I am amazed by how good they made many of these cars look in lower polygons and detail even if it is noticeable when you give a closer look

edit: starting to notice some subtle details in premium cars too. In the interior of the Lexus ENEOS SC43 there is a spiral wire running through the steering wheel. It actually stretches according to the angle of the steering wheel. Nice
I only have two B-spec drivers online, but I can add 3 more ... will do that tonight. ;)

Sent you a friend request :)

Back