Gran Turismo 5 - gameplay only thread

I've done a lot of credit farming, mostly in b-spec. I currently have ~5.8m. I find that doing the second race (forget the name of the track) in 'Like the Wind" with the Toyota Minolta Race car (the one you win from this event) is a good and quick way to save up credits. You only get 70k, but with the Minolta race car, it only takes me ~3:30 to win the 5 lap race.

Can also do the Daytona Oval in the American Cup tournie (Expert i think). Gives you 98k and about 4000xp. I've been using the Nascar vehicle. vey straight forward. Could amass a million in about an hour or so. I'm guessing the Formula GT will appear in the used section? How much are we looking at?

Can also do the Daytona Oval in the American Cup tournie (Expert i think). Gives you 98k and about 4000xp. I've been using the Nascar vehicle. vey straight forward. Could amass a million in about an hour or so. I'm guessing the Formula GT will appear in the used section? How much are we looking at?
The Polyphony Digital Formula 1 car supposedly shows up in the used car section. I don't check it that often, but I have yet to see it. I think it's ~4.8m. I'll probably save up for the Ferrari one because it looks better. :)

Just beat the NASCAR race and the last one in Extreme (two more events to go in Extreme... F1 and the German Touring Car one). Driving on Nurburgring in the rain is f****** frustrating! There is indeed an extended ending once you finish the last race in Extreme. Also finished the AMG challenge and unlocked the Endurance events. I'm up to 7.5m credits now.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the AMG event, I :love: the Yaris A-Spec race and the Rally event. So awesome ! ^_^

I agree. Also worthwhile pushing for golds in the intermediate one, as you can win an SLS from there (though those are not even that expensive in the game).

If you gold all the Nascar events (which is very doable, especially if you turn off all assists including ABS) you win a ticket for a random Nascar car by the way, so that's a nice.

I like that you can see people's profiles including their km driven - I have a few people who are higher level than me now, but I still have a higher game completion score, more cars, and all with about 1000km less than the next guy. :p

Of course I also don't have nearly as much money as *some* people here. :oops: ;) But yeah, grinding can give you about a million per hour. I'm not going to do it though yet. We'll see where things go.

What an amazing suprise i just had! Dream Car Championship round the full Nurburg/Nord with AAALLL the campers, vans, tents, vehicles and camp fires! Spectacular doesn't even come close! Also the most difficult race thus far. I'm currently paused while i catch my breath!

I agree. Also worthwhile pushing for golds in the intermediate one, as you can win an SLS from there (though those are not even that expensive in the game).

Do you mean the Yaris or the Rally intermediate event ? Is it always the same car, or does the game randomly drop one ?

Of course I also don't have nearly as much money as *some* people here. :oops: ;) But yeah, grinding can give you about a million per hour. I'm not going to do it though yet. We'll see where things go.

I certainly need more $$$ in the game ! I heard B-Spec is [strike]a better[/strike] an easier way to earn them.

I like that you can see people's profiles including their km driven - I have a few people who are higher level than me now, but I still have a higher game completion score, more cars, and all with about 1000km less than the next guy. :p

We that would be because you are the better driver.
I have huge problems with the nascar races, I get hit and spun out all the time, only have silver in the AMG event, spend a fortune to mod my car to get gold in all the races and can't drive rally at all.

:LOL: [hugs rendezvous] "Let's go for beer tonight !"

Not sure you're happy or not :LOL:, I'm so glad I found another driver in the same league.

I barely scrap through NASCAR and AMG events (Bronze). Driving in Rally is like sliding down Wet n' Wild chutes. ^_^

Rally is easy. Just don't slide. Every time you do your just wasting power. The snow races are actually the easiest because the AI is pretty bad at it. And they're not very good at dirt races either.

:LOL: [hugs rendezvous] "Let's go for beer tonight !"

Not sure you're happy or not :LOL:, I'm so glad I found another driver in the same league.

I barely scrap through NASCAR and AMG events (Bronze). Driving in Rally is like sliding down Wet n' Wild chutes. ^_^

I guess I'm in the same league as you guys then, if you see me online with GT5, I'm up for a race :D

And here comes my times for the AMG challenges.

And I'd love to go online for a friendly race some time. I'm living in GMT+1.
Feel free to add me as a friend, name is akesson.

And thanks for the hug, I don't even know if I'm happy or sad, probably just tiered, count yourself lucky that I didn't post last night after trying to get gold on the slalom and Schumacher S.

What an amazing suprise i just had! Dream Car Championship round the full Nurburg/Nord with AAALLL the campers, vans, tents, vehicles and camp fires! Spectacular doesn't even come close! Also the most difficult race thus far. I'm currently paused while i catch my breath!

I just played it as well, it was an amazing experience, best one so far in game.
The weather and the light mist really adds to the atmosphere, it is really a race to look forward too.

I have only done the beginner level of the AMD challenge, but my time on that was 9:44.251

I am also @ GTM+1 although my sleep cycle is a bit skewed :D

I just played it as well, it was an amazing experience, best one so far in game.
The weather and the light mist really adds to the atmosphere, it is really a race to look forward too.

It's something to look forward to until your racing! One false move and it's curtains.

While on the subject of "awesomness". What an absolute delight the buildings in either of the Special Stage Route tracks are. The 3D modelled interiors add a massive amount to the overall look, and adds so much more than a simple flat texture ever could. If you look closely you can even see a janitor cleaning on one of the floors! .........No seriously!

The 3D modelled interiors add a massive amount to the overall look, and adds so much more than a simple flat texture ever could. If you look closely you can even see a janitor cleaning on one of the floors! .........No seriously!
:?::?:

Naturally the last bit was a joke. Anyway, did the last Pro event, and just 2 more events in Expert before I tackle the Endurance races. Got the Furai and pretty quickly did the 2 Like The Wind events. Won a sh!t of a stick Toyota Minolta which is fast, but it will suck your eyeballs out in the process! And just 2 days away from the next update! So alls good then.

Finally played online. Much better than playing solo against the computer! Thanks rendezvous for the race. I had a lot of fun. I can't wait to play 16 players race. Would it be feasible to host a b3d tournament? I'm sure it would be a blast. What do you guys think?

Finally played online. Much better than playing solo against the computer! Thanks rendezvous for the race. I had a lot of fun. I can't wait to play 16 players race. Would it be feasible to host a b3d tournament? I'm sure it would be a blast. What do you guys think?

Count me in. Tag in sig.

Back