Gran Turismo 5 - gameplay only thread

Had phil over in my lounge and we also sampled up some of the new mechanical damage settings there. They are pretty awesome! At max, they pretty much mean you're out of the race at the slightest accident. I even got a flat tire from hitting a full row of cones. It all feels very good in the wheel also. Voice chat and such also worked great. We should do this in a larger setting soon.

Aww… I'm in SL300 Special Event now :love:
Have a long way to go before I venture online.

Can a crash cascade in these online races ? Car A hits Car B, which crashes into Car C, so on and so forth.

Have a long way to go before I venture online.

Can a crash cascade in these online races ? Car A hits Car B, which crashes into Car C, so on and so forth.

Absolutely. I mean, it's basically a domino effect, but it depends on how fast you react!

I'm up for a big B3D lounge for some hot lap times! Could be really fun!

Great, isn't it? And then the next level is with a wonderful SLS, and then the level after that is the same as you're doing now but then in the Rain. AMG is very nice set of events.

Yeah, I visited all my friends' GT5 lounge today. Left a few messages in their personal message boards. ^_^

Those are all separate things. The Lounge is actually a private racing room, that is created when the owner clicks on it. Everyone has one set-up by default and its called 'My Lounge'. Once you've opened this room, it's a friends only room that any friend can drop in very easily from the game.

So online racing with friends is very much a 'your place or mine?' type of affair. Once we decide we all go hang out and race in patsu's room, patsu still has to be at home to let us in.

But it is very, very convenient.

Those are all separate things. The Lounge is actually a private racing room, that is created when the owner clicks on it. Everyone has one set-up by default and its called 'My Lounge'. Once you've opened this room, it's a friends only room that any friend can drop in very easily from the game.

So online racing with friends is very much a 'your place or mine?' type of affair. Once we decide we all go hang out and race in patsu's room, patsu still has to be at home to let us in.

But it is very, very convenient.

What do you call the community tab ? (The private message board, personal stats, etc.)

Answering my own question. It's called "My Home". Other players can visit your home even if you're not online.

You can see the same thing over the HK GT5 website now:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt5/user/

Like what Arwin said, My Lounge is the party system.

Yeah, that website works, too. We're clearly not supposed to see it yet, but it works just fine. This gives a good impression of what that B-Spec online stuff is going to be like, as this is clearly the framework for it. Also nice that you can see the shared pictures here, your progress, messages, Log, etc. (Log doesn't work yet, but it's there with a 'under construction')

What is the best Rally car to use for the GT Rally Special Event ?
Level 10 Beginner Track.
Power: 246HP or less

What is the best Rally car to use for the GT Rally Special Event ?
Level 10 Beginner Track.
Power: 246HP or less

I'd recommend something very very light, as you'll want to be as fast as possible, and a lot of weight will have you sliding around the course a LOT.

Thanks, I'll use it tomorrow.

They better keep updating this game coz I really like it but there are some missing stuff here and there (Replay button, Short list cars from Dealers for each event, more events ! ...). ^_^

I hope all PS3 car games make use of the wheel I just bought too.

Back