Gran Turismo 5 | The Real Driving Simulator

• Release Date: 24 November 2010
  • Platform: Playstation 3
  • Players: 1-16

B3Ds Reasonably Priced Car Challenge

• Car: TBD
  • Track: TBD
  • Tires: TBD

Notice: The reasonably priced car challenge will be updated every quarter.

Time Trials

For any new times posted on tracks, please use this format

Track | Make | Model | Tires | Time | W / C (Wheel or Controller)

Example:
Eiger Norwand | Honda | Integra R (04) | S2 | 1'16.719 | W

I believe GT5 has one set physics model, so there shouldn't be an issue between pro/standard like GT5: Prologue.

I'll update the OP with more info as I get it, but I think we're far enough along for folks to get / find tons of info all around.

Note: Please do not talk about things unrelated to RACING in this thread. We've all had enough of the screens, videos, pixels, and other crazy things. If you're not interested in this game beyond it's visuals or comparing it to other games, please stay out of the thread. Thanks :D

Also, this thread is for GT5 and GT5 only. If you want to make a comparison thread, do so, but please do not derail the thread with comparisons to other games / entries in the GT franchise. If you feel the discussion is starting to move in that direction, just be the bigger person and let it end :)

Last edited by a moderator:
GT5 official thread - good idea!

with respect to time trial - is there a way to prove the time?
i mean, I can state everything if I want to...are those times documented online by the game (I remember Arwin stated that he cannot see the time of his friends or something like this...)

I know that it is kind of noob-ish, but I don't have access to a wheel where I am at the moment, so my times will be Joystick-made.

you could probably include this in your time trial stats as an other option: wheel/joypad ??

btw, my highest interest is racing a F1 car in GT5.
one of my buddies managed to get it in Prologue - but it took like forever, although driving the F1 was genius IMO.
can someone give me a rough idea, how long it will take me to unlock it in GT5, is it easier compared to Prologue?!?

I guess if you have it unlocked in Prologue then you have it in GT5 as well.

?? sorry, but I don't understand your post.

my buddy had Prologue, and he unlocked F1 car - I just visit him to drive it :D
now I want to know how long it roughly takes to unlock it in GT5 (2 mill credits necessary again??)

BTW: does someone had the chance to test the 3D mode in this game?!?!?

?? sorry, but I don't understand your post.

my buddy had Prologue, and he unlocked F1 car - I just visit him to drive it :D
now I want to know how long it roughly takes to unlock it in GT5 (2 mill credits necessary again??)

BTW: does someone had the chance to test the 3D mode in this game?!?!?

You can hook up your PSP and transfer the garage, not sure if there are limits to what cars are transferred.

If the cars transfer, there might be a LVL requirment before you can drive them*

The "xtra" Cars in the Collectors and Signature edition can now be unlocked in the PSN store.
You enter the redeem codes and you are presented with them as downloads (100kb pr car, 995kb for the theme)
When you enter the game it tells you that there is gift cars in the garage.

All the cars are ready to drive (couldn´t find them in arcade, i guess those cars are unlocked with the lvl´ng).

It felt great to drive the Mazda 787B again, and i really like the sound of that car :)

GT5 official thread - good idea!

with respect to time trial - is there a way to prove the time?
i mean, I can state everything if I want to...are those times documented online by the game (I remember Arwin stated that he cannot see the time of his friends or something like this...)

I know that it is kind of noob-ish, but I don't have access to a wheel where I am at the moment, so my times will be Joystick-made.

you could probably include this in your time trial stats as an other option: wheel/joypad ??

I believe you can upload replay vids to YouTube. When you do a time trial and "save replay" it only saves your fastest lap, so that upload can be used to prove your time.

Also, great idea with Wheel vs Controller. I'll definitely put that in the OP!

Also, is anyone interested in doing a "standing competition". Essentially, having a fixed track and fixed car to do time trials on for everyone? Similar to Top Gear's "reasonably priced car"? I think it'd be pretty fun, just need to know what car / track everyone would be interested in using / racing.

I played around with photo mode :)

azur4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So what`s everyones favourite car so far ?
Mine is the Mc Laren MP4 which drives like a dream. I upgraded it to about 580 kW and it can easily hold it`s own against many of the pro Touring/Racing cars . Accelerating out of a corner is like being on a slingshot , I love it.

Oomph, so many cars, I don't quite have a favorite yet I think. The SLS in that Nurburgring special event does drive like a dream though ...

EDIT: Holy ... did anyone try the European tour / Italy Special Event yet? It's madness. Very cool, and it gives you a handful of new photo travel locations.

Am a little hyped by what I read in GAF. I prefer a car with great control. Although I'm not a racing fan, I'd like to try Nissan GT-R V-Spec. The Mercedes SLS and the 6-eyed Alfa Romeo (can't remember the name/model number) look interesting too.

EDIT:
Alfa Romeo 8C !

Whoah. First event that has me stumped to even get a bronze for a moment now, which is the snow event in the Sebastian Loeb challenge. It is absolutely amazing to drive there. I had a lot of wows tonight, the first night race, evening races on Tuscan track, this snow rally, driving the Miura in Rome (what a beautiful car), etc.

Note to self and everyone else - GT keeps turning traction control back on for licences and challenges, where you sometimes wouldn't want this (and certainly for many events, getting gold is easier without traction control on)

What is the cheapest wheel I can get ?

You should be able to get the one I am using, the Driving Force Pro / GT for about $49. That's still a good Force Feedback wheel with 900 degree steering radius support, and I heartily recommend it, have been using it myself for years.

EDIT: 3 hours until my son wakes up. I'm not going to be the best dad tomorrow I fear .. :S

Back