Sony and MS offer deals

kagemaru

Veteran
If you'd (wisely) prefer to avoid the stampeding, budget-obsessed crowds sure to storm the Walmarts and Best Buys this Friday, why not stay at home and get your video game savings digitally through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network?

Sony and Microsoft are holding digital sales this week on a ton of games for the PlayStation 3, PSP and Xbox 360, including bike 'em ups Joe Danger (PSN) and Trials HD (XBLA). Savings on Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker will give you good reason to fire up the PSP and no one needs to know you downloaded Sex and the City 2 via Zune Movies because it was only 720 Microsoft Points.

Of course, if you'd still prefer to head to the nearest retail zoo this week, Microsoft has slashed prices on Fable III and Halo Reach to $39.99 USD at "participating retailers nationwide."

Deals on PSP minis, original Xbox games, Xbox Live Arcade titles and more await you. Offers are good November 23 to 29, so stock up!
PlayStation Network

PS3
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap – $3.49 sale price; $6.99 regular price
Top Gun – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
Gundemonium Collection – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
DeathSpank – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
Joe Danger – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price

PSP
Groovin' Blocks – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake – $9.99 sale price; $19.99 regular price
Dissidia Final Fantasy – $9.99 sale price; $19.99 regular price
Dante's Inferno – $19.99 sale price; $39.99 regular price
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker – $19.99 sale price; $39.99 regular price

PSP Minis
Young Thor – $2.49 sale price; $4.99 regular price
Fieldrunners – $3.49 sale price; $6.99 regular price
Hero of Sparta – $2.49 sale price; $4.99 regular price
Alien Zombie Death – $1.99 sale price; $3.99 regular price
Monopoly – $2.49 sale price; $4.99 regular price
Xbox Live Marketplace

Xbox 360 Games
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™ (Rockstar Games) - 400 Microsoft Points
Halo: Combat Evolved (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

Xbox LIVE Arcade
Trials HD (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
‘Splosion Man™ (Microsoft Game Studios) - 160 Microsoft Points
Monkey Island™: Special Edition (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
Madden NFL Arcade (Electronic Arts) - 400 Microsoft Points
Portal: Still Alive (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

Zune Movies
Clash of the Titans - 720 Microsoft Points
Sex and the City 2 – 720 Microsoft Points
Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore – 720 Microsoft Points
300 – 380 Microsoft Points

http://kotaku.com/5696605/black-friday-deals-come-to-playstation-network--xbox-live

Probably going to pick up San Andreas since it's the only GTA I've never played. Thinkin of getting Halo too even though I still have my original disc.

Nice, thinking of getting Halo CE and San Andreas.

Does anyone know how the performance compares to running the games of the Xbox disk?

I remember Halo CE used to lag a bit at times, especially in split screen but that was a while back and they may have improved the emulation performance.

Do the games get any graphical upgrades? Besides the regular 720p 4xAA?

I'm seeing regular price for Halo CE right now on XBL. :(

I wish Microsoft would offer better/ a wider range of deals. Not really interested in any of those titles, and I already own the CE disc.

Pretty damn weak effort really, come on this is black friday time, get with it guys.

Man, I soooo wish Halo CE offered multiplayer over Live. I'd introduce you guys to the PISTOL!!!

Man, I soooo wish Halo CE offered multiplayer over Live. I'd introduce you guys to the PISTOL!!!

I bet they do a remake someday ;)

'splosion man is regular price for me right now :( Was gonna try it out.

'Splosion Man is fun, but it's a real PITA multiplayer and becomes an abject lesson in frustration.

The higher levels require insane amount of pure luck in timing to get past them. Maybe it would be easier with all 4 players, but with 2 it's down right frustrating because you can't even spare 250 milliseconds for mistakes. It's not even a case of network lag, as gaming on the same console didn't help much either. Also sometimes you do the exact same actions but the jump comes off ever so slightly different that it means failure.

Then again, maybe Xarthna, Mister Pants, and I just flat out sucked at it...

'splosion man single player is worth it. 50 levels and they require very good timing. Yes, Online MP is hard due to the timing required. For MP I highly recommend local.

Looks like Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and Case West are 50% off on Live this week or... for the time being that is (200, 400 points respectively). I'll be picking up Case West for the co-op if anyone is interested. *cough* :p I hadn't picked up DR2, so hopefully this'll satisfy my zombie massacre craving for the moment. Should be fun for $5...

Oh crap, forgot about this. I was also away from home for awhile.

Did you end up picking up the game?

lol yeah I picked it up since it just sounded like a good deal and had another friend who also has it.

Haven't played it yet though, wanted to finish vanilla DR2 first, which I did finally.

Heard they didn't fix the issue of saving while playing co-op, which is disappointing. Here's hoping that changes with the re-release of DR with Frank as the main character.

Regardless, I'm always down for some co-op action if you are ever interested =p

Yeah, that'd be cool. :) I've just been trying to figure out how to play, and just leveling up my guy. I've just passed the game once. Turns out you just need a healthy supply of shotgun ammo for the end, but it's pretty much just walk around collecting things and saving folks if you find em. :)

Back