Formula 1 - 2011 Season

I'm just so totally bummered by Kovalainen only now starting to be a good driver and nobody notices... Now he will probably never race in a top team ever again. Blew his chance with both Renault (year too late racing there) and McLaren trying too hard to beat Hamilton. I would argue he was not worse than Button on McLaren though... and Button is a champ while I doubt we´ll ever see Heikki finish in the podium again :(

He is still young, don't discount him. Team Lotus has a step to make, but I believe they can do it.

I do hope you´re right.

There´s a slight chance Lotus will one day be competitive but it seems like they´re about to become the third Red Bull team with many parts from Renault/Red Bull but they lack aerodynamics genious. Badly.

Great quali!
Hamilton's lap was really good and I'm happy for him even though he's not my favourite driver!

Webbo is finally stepping up his game, apparently Pirelli tyres are developed to be harder which plays in his liking :D.

I'm looking forward to tomorrows race! Ferraris are very quick in race trim and McLaren in between bulls will make for cracking show!

It was a great race as far as I am concerned. Its too bad that we didn't see this type of competition earlier in the season. Vettels performance was disappointing and doesn't do anything to disuade his detractors that he can't overtake. Would have been nice if Massa didn't lose his position the way he did, I think he deserved better for keeping Vettel behind him for most of the race.

The race was fantastic, I am happy Vettel shows he's human and can make mistakes.

Hamilton won brilliantly, but I am really encouraged by Ferrari's pace. They were really competitive in cold weather so if Hungary is hot, they will truly be a force to be reckoned with.

The race was fantastic, I am happy Vettel shows he's human and can make mistakes.

Hamilton won brilliantly, but I am really encouraged by Ferrari's pace. They were really competitive in cold weather so if Hungary is hot, they will truly be a force to be reckoned with.

Agreed!

But weather man is saying wet in Budapest over weekend ... which is probably even better! Maybe Sauber or Lotus will win :LOL:

Wow. Total dumbness. BBC will only show half the races from next year onwards, if UK viewers want the full season they have to pay for a Sky Sports subscription. Awesome.

I don't even live in the UK and I'm concerned about this - what will happen to the commentry for all the broadcasters that take to BBC feed currently?

It's a terrible decision. I'm sure it's driven by the current cost-cutting measures at place at the BBC and they're thinking "better half the races than none at all" but it'll have a detrimental affect to the fan base in the UK, that's for sure. Very disappointing news.

Wow. Total dumbness. BBC will only show half the races from next year onwards, if UK viewers want the full season they have to pay for a Sky Sports subscription. Awesome.

I don't even live in the UK and I'm concerned about this - what will happen to the commentry for all the broadcasters that take to BBC feed currently?

If it makes you feel any better, F1 races have been for quite a few years behind paid subscription here in Finland, and only shortened "best moments" are shown later on "free for all" channel

Wouldn't it make sense to have the BBC team cover all the races and just have Sky Sports air half of them? The whole BBC show is about as good as its going to get so Sky would probably do themselves a favor by not trying to do it themselves.

If they wont do that the BBC team can also do the live coverage back from a UK studio and stream that to whoever they might have a contract with. It really won't make that big of a difference for the commentary.

If Sky keeps the BBC team I will probably download all the Sky aired races. The alternative is watching Dutch or Beglium tv but both have terrible commentators.

Sad, sad news about BBC.
I have Sky and even can afford to add that stupid Sport plan to my subscription but loosing excellent commentary during races, fantastic build-ups and usually very funny Red Button Studio is a big loss in my eyes :cry:. I don't watch TV that much anyway except for F1 Races so now paying TV license for me will be even harder to justify.

I do hope Sky will at least be decent enough and capture key presenters from current show.

From Dave onwards the comments just summarise the whole feeling of the community towards this, you can sense this from the comments on the thread on Autosport.

This is the same corporation that has been hacking phones and been an absolute disgrace in the UK and have had to drop their takeover of BSKYB and are about to be called out again because of lying by James Murdoch and yet here is Sky being cozy with the BBC because they have run out of money.

And we thought nvidia was naughty, it's like nvidia and Ati getting sexy together after the 3dmark scandals. Or even worse.

Seriously though the whole thing stinks. Bernie has completely turned about face.

One thing though, it is a good advert for BBC's coverage, you only miss it when it is gone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2011/07/f1_coverage_to_be_shared_betwe.html

Check out the rapid rate at which the comments on the blog "explaining" BBC's stance on this have been piling up. The moderators are running several pages behind at the moment, the sentiment is the same through nearly all the posts by the looks of it.

You know, for all the good he has done previously, this for me really is the tipping point to saying Bernie is becoming more of a liability for F1 than a force for good. IMO its certainly time for him to go.

not to mention the return of ad breaks ruining the races

Anyway should be a good race today, red bull look 3rd fastest in racw trim so how long will Vettel hold off Hamilton and Alonso?

Anyway should be a good race today, red bull look 3rd fastest in racw trim so how long will Vettel hold off Hamilton and Alonso?

Light rain expected during or just before race. This can mix things up even more. In theory can help right side of grid with start if normal procedure is used and not this silly safety car start.
1 more hour to build up!

That was an awesome race. Congrats to Button. It would have been good if Hamilton didn't screw up at the end, I reckon Hamilton would put more of a fight than Vettel who seems to be content with second place, he will be the WDC pretty soon at this rate. We need some Vettel DNF to get the championship alive again.

To be fair Sky have already stated that they intend to be ad-free during the race; only pre and post race coverage will there be ads is the statement so far,

Back