Formula 1 - 2011 Season

Those changes should help on overtaking on straights a little more, but won't address corners until changes are allowed to use ground effect more efficiently. Wasn't there something about that being proposed?

Did it just not make it into the upcoming rules and regulation changes? And is still being considered? Or have they scrapped the idea?

Regards,
SB

Will try my best to attend Indian GP race in Greater Noida. YES!

OT - Read somewhere that India may host a Moto GP race too from 2011 probably on the same F1 track. Would be awesome if true.

Have no english source for this, but Jean Todt said that they will from now on require new tracks to be "viewer friendly", in the sense that there has to be good overtaking spots, and preferrably a lot of them.
They're also looking into making changes to existing tracks even for next season, if possible, to get more overtaking places

as he hurtles down the back straight at 100mph, he throws up, right inside his helmet. When he rolls into the pits, little flecks of sick roll down his visor and his overalls are soggy around the neck.

And after 15 laps he just could not drive the car anymore. So spending hundreds of hours behind your pc won't make you a great racing driver.

And after 15 laps he just could not drive the car anymore. So spending hundreds of hours behind your pc won't make you a great racing driver.

But, if you are physically very fit, it can obviously help.

The overall tone of the article was that they were very impressed with his performance, especially when you consider his lack of experience of proper racing. He's obviously got a natural talent - a bit too late for him to develop it now, though!

Ofcourse it can help. But we already knew that as teams spend lots of money of simulators.

I'm not suprised they can find someone who could be a decent race driver like this. Unlike most other sports motorsport has a high entry barrier because you will need to spend thousands of euro's a year to even run something like a kart. Than you arn't even competing at amateur level, just playing around. So I'm not suprised a lot of talented people never gets a chance to show how good they could be.

good story about a champion virtual racer given a go in a real race car

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/geek-rebooted-2010-11-26?imageNo=0

ps: click next, its more article not just next photo

FYI those that aren't familiar with simracing, Greger Huttu is a legend in that world. When I was semi-hardcore about simracing in '99-'00 or so and the notoriously difficult Grand Prix Legends was the game, he was absolutely untouchable and had about every record there was. And simracing was pretty damn competitive even back then...

FYI those that aren't familiar with simracing, Greger Huttu is a legend in that world. When I was semi-hardcore about simracing in '99-'00 or so and the notoriously difficult Grand Prix Legends was the game, he was absolutely untouchable and had about every record there was. And simracing was pretty damn competitive even back then...

I can't believe I've never heard of this guy before. I don't understand how someone can be so dominating in a game. Great stuff!!

He had a not so good first part of the season but a good second half of the season where he was faster or challenging Barichello so he didn't do bad at all. He did much better than guys like Petrov who's whole season can be summed up as crashing into everything with the only exception being blocking Alonso.

Moltanado replaces Hulkenberg at Williams

Seems to be somewhat financially motivated, although (give or take the odd pole position) Hulkenberg didn't really set the world on fire.

Moltanado?? ;) Well apparently he brings $15-20m in sponsorship with him, and Williams aren't exactly swimming in the green stuff. They are already losing a few major sponsors for next year already, RBS, Philips, and i think one more. So they had no choice really

Hulk's pole at Brazil was cool but his overall season wasn't exactly an eye opener.

He had a not so good first part of the season but a good second half of the season where he was faster or challenging Barichello so he didn't do bad at all. He did much better than guys like Petrov who's whole season can be summed up as crashing into everything with the only exception being blocking Alonso.

Well granted Hulk's season wasn't brilliant(at least when compared to Hamilton or Rosberg). But he outperformed Barrichello in at least 5-6 races. For a rookie beating a guy with 17 years of experience thats quite an achievement. I think he was the best among the rookies tho, i mean Petrov is just like Sato all over again

It wasnt broken, it had a small fracture. Not the same thing. If you really have a broken shoulder you don't even want to move the slightest bit, let alone get in a racing car.

Renault is leaving F1 as a team owner and Group Lotus has bought equity in the former Renault F1 team. It will be called Lotus Renault GP, but the chassis will still be called Renaults because that nets the team more money unless all other teams allow them to change it, which they won't because then they will get more money.

Renault will stay as an engine and tech supplier (KERS, gearbox etc) and one hopes they will stay around for the 2013 engine reg changes (hopefully new formula with turbos).

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/lotus-buys-renault/
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/wheres-the-black-cap/
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/au-revoir-renault/

but the chassis will still be called Renaults because that nets the team more money unless all other teams allow them to change it, which they won't because then they will get more money.

that sentence makes no sense.
calling the chassis renault = more money
unless they change it but other teams wont let them because changing = more money

that sentence makes no sense.
calling the chassis renault = more money
unless they change it but other teams wont let them because changing = more money
The team wants to keep the chassis name Renault = more money to the team
If the team wants to change the name of the chassis, they need the approval of the other teams.
The other teams won't allow this because by not allowing it they get more money.

Davros, put your thinking-cap on next time!

The team wants to keep the chassis name Renault = more money to the team
If the team wants to change the name of the chassis, they need the approval of the other teams.
The other teams won't allow this because by not allowing it they get more money.

Davros, put your thinking-cap on next time!

By not allowing to change the name, the other teams aren't getting any more money, because then the Renault name stays = original bigger sum to Lotus Renault. So the denial/or approval of other teams doesn't really change the amount of money passed, but only the name of Lotus Renault chassis :)

Back