Global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting here, because it feels right:

Why's Corduroy now a Naughty Boy!? I've not seen a single post from him that should warrant such a response.

Now I'm :cry:...

Posting here, because it feels right:

Why's Corduroy now a Naughty Boy!? I've not seen a single post from him that should warrant such a response.

Now I'm :cry:...

Cord posted in console land. Post in console land, get it wrong and you'll feel the spanky-action leather-thong-thing of the mods. That's the rule here. :yep2:

Being a right-wing tit is no reason for banning, but carrying over euthenistic tendencies to the console fora could and should be a good reason to be ejected from the kitten-love-oriented B3D community :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it permanent, or will he be allowed back in 2 weeks or somesuch? :p

We don't have enough euthenistic right-wing tits around here after Russ, Vince and all those guys left. :( Hell, Epic's MIA pretty much all the time too nowadays.

Grall its a minor infraction from what I think I saw as the offending post. He called Eastman a <deleted> and the only issue with that is that some wouldn't call it a crime.

I remember one cop in New Zealand wrote 'Asshole' on the ticket as the drivers occupation. According to legend his supervisor gave him an official telling off and then went to the bar to have a drink with him after work.

NZ traffic tickets have the driver's occupation stated on them? What for? :LOL:

Anyway, to keep this thread somewhat on-topic: http://arstechnica.com/science/news...d-antarctica-melting-faster-than-expected.ars

...Then again, that alarmist tripe is only written by scientists, like, what do they know about anything, huh! Lying, clueless frauds the lot of them, scamming Uncle Sam for grant money again! HAH! I spit in their faces, I don't even need to read that report to know it's all bullshit.

(Yeah, that's sarcasm, btw.)

NZ traffic tickets have the driver's occupation stated on them? What for? :LOL:

Not sure now you mention it! :rolleyes:

Anyway, to keep this thread somewhat on-topic: http://arstechnica.com/science/news...d-antarctica-melting-faster-than-expected.ars

...Then again, that alarmist tripe is only written by scientists, like, what do they know about anything, huh! Lying, clueless frauds the lot of them, scamming Uncle Sam for grant money again! HAH! I spit in their faces, I don't even need to read that report to know it's all bullshit.

(Yeah, that's sarcasm, btw.)

Yeah you got it right there... Bunch of stupid frauds. They were lying to us about the level of icesheet movement so why should we trust them in the future?

Grall its a minor infraction from what I think I saw as the offending post. He called Eastman a <deleted> and the only issue with that is that some wouldn't call it a crime.

I remember one cop in New Zealand wrote 'Asshole' on the ticket as the drivers occupation. According to legend his supervisor gave him an official telling off and then went to the bar to have a drink with him after work.

Actually he stalked my twitter , used google maps and foursquare to post a picture of my parents house and was trying to hack my emails and get more personal information.

Hopefully he isn't allowed back. I don't mind insults thrown against me but I think we all agree thats a little to far to go.

Can anyone recoomend a good LED bulb that doesn't cost $30-$40 bucks. I have a small light behind my monitors to help fight off fatigue with my eyes ( after my lasik surgery my doctor sugsted it) since its on so much i was hoping to get an led bulb but at current prices its a bit to much.

Actually he stalked my twitter , used google maps and foursquare to post a picture of my parents house and was trying to hack my emails and get more personal information.

Hopefully he isn't allowed back. I don't mind insults thrown against me but I think we all agree thats a little to far to go.

Huh? That isn't the same guy...

Can anyone recoomend a good LED bulb that doesn't cost $30-$40 bucks. I have a small light behind my monitors to help fight off fatigue with my eyes ( after my lasik surgery my doctor sugsted it) since its on so much i was hoping to get an led bulb but at current prices its a bit to much.
Take a look at Osram's stuff, this one for example shouldn't cost more than say, $20 estimated from what they go for around here at most at current low dollar exchange rate. Retail price in the US should be considerably less than that methinks, unless you're getting stiffed for whatever reason on LED stuff.
http://catalog.myosram.com/?~language=EN&~country=COM&it_c=GPS_1001285

Huh? That isn't the same guy...
Yes, it was the same guy actually. And yeah, cyberstalking someone is rather creepy I have to say.

thanks for the link.

Prices here are expensive

http://www.lowes.com/pd_107305-3-78...=/pl_Light+Bulbs_4294801215__s?Ntt=led&page=2

thats a 40 watt replacement bulb and it uses 8 watts instead. Its $22 bucks. Someone on another forum told me about it.

I currently use these

http://www.lowes.com/pd_327860-3-26...s?Ntt=compact+fluorescent+&facetInfo=SYLVANIA

They are 60watt replacements using 13watts for $10 bucks and i get 4 of them

I don't really see where the savings enter . I think led tech needs to come a bit further before its worth while to switch. I mean the light i'd be switching would only save me 4watts and cost $22 instead of $2.50

Meh i will wait on them

I don't really see where the savings enter . I think led tech needs to come a bit further before its worth while to switch. I mean the light i'd be switching would only save me 4watts and cost $22 instead of $2.50

Meh i will wait on them
a) Fluorescent bulbs last a lot longer.
b) You save money on power.

If we assume the energy cost is 8c per kilowatt hour (a very rough average, from here), then that bulb will, over its expected lifetime of 12,000 hours, save $45 in electricity costs.

I don't really see where the savings enter . I think led tech needs to come a bit further before its worth while to switch.
Yeah, there's plenty room for maturation of LED, but the savings can be had already. Yes they're expensive, but lifespan on these things is huge. Think about it, when did you last have a LED wear out on some gadget you bought? Practically unheard of.

Also, instant-on, and no warmup period for full brightness, and they don't dim enormously towards the end of their life either like fluorescents do. I believe LEDs dim some, but probably not THAT much, unless the bulb is poorly designed, letting the LEDs run really hot (their arch nemesis is heat, I hear.)

Problem is, if you buy one of these now you're getting a fairly dim bulb that lasts for all intents and purposes forever, so when LED takes off for real and you can buy bright bulbs you'll unscrew this one, put it on a shelf, and never really see any value from that $20+ bulb... :LOL:

Bullshit, I never tried to hack anything, you lying bastard. My banning had nothing to do with that anyways, it was the console forum. If you use the same nickname everywhere, it's trival to type "facebook.com/<nickname>" and similar URL's in the web browser for myspace, foursquare, twitter, etc. to see your information. Then it's trivial to type in your name and general location to find an address. I never tried to guess your password or hack anything, it's not needed where you can get so much information about someone without leaving a trace or attempting any sort of intrusion. I see you have no problem posting behind my back, guess what, say it to my face.

Whoever called me a right winger is wrong plain and simple. I am actually more left leaning than right, and I just don't give a fuck about AGW since there are far worse things to be worried about, such as what happened in Japan, and Haiti last year, and China the previous year, etc. I never felt an ounce of guilt when I was living my life and enjoying my V8 musclecar. You think that makes me a horrible person, well I don't care. We have one life in this world and I'm glad that I spent it so far doing things I like. Too bad some people have to starve and too bad some have to die in wars, guess what I have no control over that, so I just appreciate how lucky I am.

I get CCFL bulbs for less than a buck apiece, and use them throughout my home except for a couple lights that are dimmable. The ones I'd got a few years ago had a horrible delay before lighting up, but the new ones don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever called me a right winger is wrong plain and simple. I am actually more left leaning than right, and I just don't give a fuck about AGW since there are far worse things to be worried about, such as what happened in Japan, and Haiti last year, and China the previous year, etc.

If you don't give a fuck about AGW, whats your motivation for posting in an AGW thread? :???:

a) Fluorescent bulbs last a lot longer.
b) You save money on power.

If we assume the energy cost is 8c per kilowatt hour (a very rough average, from here), then that bulb will, over its expected lifetime of 12,000 hours, save $45 in electricity costs.

Yea but at $2.5 a bulb for the other ones i can buy almost 9 bulbs.

I'm much rather cut my electricty down over 9 bulbs than just one

Yea but at $2.5 a bulb for the other ones i can buy almost 9 bulbs.

I'm much rather cut my electricty down over 9 bulbs than just one
You're not making any sense. If you buy 9 incandescent bulbs, you'll be spending $405 more in electricity costs in the time it would take 9 fluorescents to burn out.

You're not making any sense. If you buy 9 incandescent bulbs, you'll be spending $405 more in electricity costs in the time it would take 9 fluorescents to burn out.

i posted a link to the bulbs i use , they are cfl 13 watts. they are a 4 pack for $10 so its $2.50 a bulb. The led one is $22 and uses only 8 watts. So it be a 5w savings.

Whats the savings of led over cfl when leds are so much more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back