Driver-applied MLAA on D3D9 games like GTA 4?

AnarchX

Veteran
Would it be possible that a graphics driver could apply Morphological Antialiasing on D3D9 games like GTA 4, which do not have support for MSAA?

And this would be WHQL confirm?
I hope NV and AMD will soon implant such a feature, since there still a big number of non-MSAA-capable games and processing power of todays GPUs is more than enough.

I hope NV and AMD will soon implant such a feature, since there still a big number of non-MSAA-capable games and processing power of todays GPUs is more than enough.

That would be nice, but it would be nicer if devs implemented proper AA in their games. It's nearing the end of 2010, and GPU power is out the wazoo. I would expect devs to be implementing all kinds of techniques to combat aliasing, and there are still AAA games released on DX9 with no AA at all :oops:

The WHQL test requires that the driver generates after the default installation the required images. Therefore settings that require a user interaction first have normally no problem passing the test.

Technical this could although implement as a hook layer like Fraps.

That would be nice, but it would be nicer if devs implemented proper AA in their games. It's nearing the end of 2010, and GPU power is out the wazoo. I would expect devs to be implementing all kinds of techniques to combat aliasing, and there are still AAA games released on DX9 with no AA at all :oops:

As long as gametester do not punish such titles with less points I have not much hope.

I assume 5000 series will be capable of this as well since it uses DC and not any special hardware?

I guess it's a pure kernel implementation, and as such it could be updated and profiled on application base, sort of.

"Performance similar to CFAA" - not a great sign.
"Faster than Super Sampling" - really now... what's slower?

Really like to see how this improves something like Gothic 4 and Risen.

Back