R.I.P CJ - 1976-2010

neliz

GIGABYTE Man
Veteran
:cry:
I'm very sorry to inform you that yesterday, October 4th, the man everyone knew as CJ passed away after a month long sickbed.

Obituary:
http://www.mensenlinq.nl/mensenlinqads/medium/NDC/20101006/14271442.jpg

For the past few years, CJ ran an ATI topic over at tweakers.net which was THE source of information on upcoming ATI products.
link (in Dutch.)
Condolences topic @tweakers.net (Dutch, registration required)

CJ was working as a Technical PR Officer at MSI since last year where he was heavily involved with Overclockers and events like Digifest and met a lot of you at CeBit and Computex.
MSI will be releasing an official statement later today, since he was heavily involved with media, customers and end-users around the world.

He was a great, knowledgeable and humorous colleague and I got to know him a lot better as a friend.(Up to a point where we discussed work more than I spent time with my wife, yes I know, unhealthy.) We are all devastated by the loss and our thoughts go out to his family and friends, who will surely miss him.

Much like ChrisRay earlier this year, both shared a healthy interest for hardware and both rather talked about video cards than think about going to the hospital to recover.
His last public message on Facebook confirms that much:
Cj Pelupessy said:
Hospitalized today :(. With 'spoed' emergency. Pneumonia. Too little oxygen in my blood. Short breathe. I hate hospitals. Now here with all these thing sticking from my nose for extra oxygen. Man where's my notebook. It's boring here.
August 28 at 6:32pm via Facebook for Android · Comment · Like

I, personally, will always remember CJ and ATI as a two-unity and I will remember him every time I see Radeon somewhere.

I'm devastated,

Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF? First Chris now CJ? :cry:

My condolences to his family, loved ones and friends.

Not fair at all....

This stuff is frightening. I did not know him, but I definitely appreciated his contribution to threads.

My condolences to his friends and family...

PS: Pardon my ignorance but did he use the nick CJ @B3D too?

Wow, that's terrible news, I was hoping it wouldn't end up like that :cry:

Collective B3D condolences go out to everyone who knew him, industry or otherwise, especially his family, neliz, and his extended family at ATI and MSI. Rest in peace, dude.

It's a sad day for those who were close to him, and for video hardware fans.

Goodbye CJ, thank you for sharing your enthusiasm with us for us so long.

Back