Champions League 2010\2011

Cheezdoodles

+ 1
Veteran
New Season and thus time for a new CL thread.

My title condenters:

Chelsea - The team mourinho build a few years ago is still very much intact and has been in the position to win the title quite a few times, but never managed due to bad luck. Ancelotti has already won it twice, and is the right man for the job.

Barca - Look weaker on paper than last year imo, getting rid of Ibra was in my opinion not the best moves they could do (Aspecially not for 18€ having paid 60 last years). Villa is an excellent striker, but Barca is now back to having no aerial strenght (outside of Pique -> central defender). Additionally, teams have learned how to fight against tiki-taka tactics.

Real Madrid - The squad is impressive and finally looks solid in the back (aside from marcelo- however arbeloa can step in). With mourinho as the coach, i believe that if this team gets time to gel, they have everything needed to complete La decima, their tenth CL throphy. Dependand on defence being injury free, in attack there is nothing to complain about with Cr7,Higuain, Benzema, Kaka, Ozil, Di Maria etc. Central midfield is strong with xabi alonso, kedira, lass, diarra and gago.

Inter - same team as last year, but without mourinho. Can still pose a big threat towards any team.

Milan - If they start scoring goals, the team certainly looks impressive (in attack), with Pato,Robinho,Ibra, Ronaldinho. A little bit unsure of their defensive line thought, as they are quite old and slow.

Man Utd- allways a possibility but the team does not look stronger compared to last year. However, with Sir Alex, anything can be won.

Bayern Munich - outsiders but strong hard working team.

In the end, it will come down to who manages to stay injury free, get lucky draws and fixture lists.
Your thoughts?

My strongest bet would be Chelsea and Barcelona to meet at the new Wembley in 2011, and Real Madrid as an outsider because they have the special one.

Inter are back to how they used to be thanks to the manager, so probably QF is their best

Arsenal - Same old story every season. QF or maybe SF

Man United - They haven't spent heavily in last 2 seasons when most big clubs have been. Scholes and Giggs are well past their best, so is Ferdinand etc. a QF or maybe SF

I was supposed to have posted this earlier, better late than never I suppose.

UEFA Champions League - 2010/2011 - Group Stages