NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

About the numbers of units sold of Titan .... this type of discussion have asbolutely no sense, because you will never got the real number from them ( AMD, Intel, or Nvidia ) .. forget it .. And even if one this company release them, we are in the asbolute impossibility to verify them ..

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you dare to be so mean and insultive is beyond me. It is like I step on your heads when I criticise the so beloved by you company. I think people need to visit their psychologists instead of being mean and rude to other forum members and forcing them to act unnaturally for them.

If you can't keep a proper attitude in the discussion, simply leave it :devilish:

How do you dare to be so mean and insultive

LOL?

Anyways he's not - you're abrasive, argumentative, and full of hypocrisy. "Nvidia is lying because they won't provide sales numbers" is pretty much the point where you should find yourself an exit from this thread since you obviously have nothing meaningful (or even logical) to attribute here.

About the numbers of units sold of Titan .... this type of discussion have asbolutely no sense, because you will never got the real number from them ( AMD, Intel, or Nvidia ) .. forget it .. And even if one this company release them, we are in the asbolute impossibility to verify them ..

If IHVs release that kind of information it would be a complete disaster since we'd stay out of a good portion of "discussion" material. Financial results as well as market share statistics from independent sources for each public company give fairly good indications how each of them has done within each period of time.

LOL?

Anyways he's not - you're abrasive, argumentative, and full of hypocrisy. "Nvidia is lying because they won't provide sales numbers" is pretty much the point where you should find yourself an exit from this thread since you obviously have nothing meaningful (or even logical) to attribute here.

Because you obviously have logical thoughts... :rolleyes: If you are so logical, share with us, how many titans do you expect to be sold? Millions, tens of thousands? How many?

Because without clear arguments, your post is nothing more that a shitty personal attack

Not sure the argument about who is/isn't objective is very helpful.

We know there are a wide variety of opinions on the cost/value ratio of the Titan. Some see it as a $2500 compute card sold for $1000 for training at home. Some see it as a $500 gaming card sold for $1000 because NVidia is greedy. To be honest, it doesn't really matter who is right. The card is sold for $1000 now; NVidia has stated the sales exceed their expectation, and are unlikely to lower the price.

NVidia has the right to set the price wherever they like. We have the right to buy or not buy their cards. I don't see where the problem exists here.

On the 780, we'll know tomorrow. I am very intrigued by the performance numbers that put it near the Titan. I've read the thread but can't recall if rumors say it will have crippled compute performance. Does anyone know?

If you are so logical, share with us, how many titans do you expect to be sold? Millions, tens of thousands? How many?

The higher the price the lower the sales volume; nothing new really. NV has obviously set high prices because they can sell with them.

On the other hand if they would had made excessive GK110 wafer runs they'd obviously wouldn't sell at as high prices would they? Now we're back at point zero again.

It might not be just a few thousand Titans as it's highly unlikely that the amount in the several million pieces range. Anyone trying to convince you of the latter would have to prove his nonsense in NV's financial results by the end of this FY as they couldn't hide such a huge increase in revenue.

Because you obviously have logical thoughts... :rolleyes: If you are so logical, share with us, how many titans do you expect to be sold? Millions, tens of thousands? How many?

I can't say because you'd just accuse me of lying or being illogical without providing proof of my expectations.

Because without clear arguments, your post is nothing more that a shitty personal attack

Then why are you the one knee deep in arguments with several people in this thread and also using language now? To quote yourself.... how dare you? You seriously need to walk away and get some fresh air.

This works, thanks.
So looks to be $650 base retail price, Nvidia went from $500 gtx680 to $650 gtx780, that is a fairly substantial leap in price.

It is, and it sucks. Also consider that the gtx780 is (as of right now) the second tier geforce SKU for GK110. The second tier GF100 and GF110 sku went for $350. I think Nvidia is missing a major opportunity to do some serious volume. If they would price the gtx770 at $399 and the gtx780 at $549-599 they'd move some serious product. Oh well. If Maxwell leads out with GM104, like GK104 did with Kepler, I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that $649+ isn't the new high otherwise my days as a pc gamer may be soon over.

Back