NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

$449 for the GTX 770 seem more reasonable

Why so, if GTX 670 was launched at 400$?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_670/

What makes you think it is worth it to pay 50$ price premium to what is supposed to be a replacement of the same very segment?

the rumored prices of $599 for the GTX 780

Oh, by the way, if the performance difference between GTX 770 and GTX 780 is the same or similar as that between GTX 670 and GTX 680, I do not know what reasons people would have to throw 150$ more

Am I wrong or did they test an overclocked version with the core clock at 1201MHz? It's unlikely, that the cards boost that high on stock settings on non-OC versions.

I think you are wrong unless you give us more clarity. It is quite clearly stated:

The results suggest that GTX 770 is 11-12% faster than GTX 680 (we are talking about reference clocked models)

@UT.... Because the pricing isn't about what segment its replacing, its about the pricing of the competition. A GTX770 = 7970ghz, $440~ =$450.

No, people buy Radeons for Bitcoin mining. I don't see why NVIDIA still sleeps when even their fan base complains about prices, underperforming cards, etc :rolleyes:

No, people buy Radeons for Bitcoin mining. I don't see why NVIDIA still sleeps when even their fan base complains about prices, underperforming cards, etc :rolleyes:
Yes, how can they sleep in a world where bitcoin is a fringe phenomenon, where Titans are flying of the shelves and where performance is competitive and will get better soon?

If you think 10k EVER MADE is a large quantity... :LOL:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphi...d_Up_Launch_of_GeForce_GTX_Titan_Reports.html

The GeForce GTX Titan will not belong to any formal product series since it will a limited edition product that will be made in quantity of around 10 thousand units and will be sold only by Asustek Computer and EVGA, according to the Bright Side of News web-site

That was pre-launch and speculative.

Try this instead: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/17/nvidias-surprised-the-titan-outsold-the-year-old-gtx-690-in-just-3-months-were-not/

If you think 10k EVER MADE is a large quantity... :LOL:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphi...d_Up_Launch_of_GeForce_GTX_Titan_Reports.html

The GeForce GTX Titan will not belong to any formal product series since it will a limited edition product that will be made in quantity of around 10 thousand units and will be sold only by Asustek Computer and EVGA, according to the Bright Side of News web-site
Really? This was debunked about 10mins after it was posted... looks like YOUR typical "circular reasoning". Hey that should be your new name.

They, until they prove using hard numbers about the sold titans. Avoiding giving such information is quite suspicious. I bet for marketing purposes they can and do tell you everything just to put their products in best light...

How about you move your anti-NV agenda elsewhere? Nvidia has nothing to prove to you or me or anyone. If you don't believe them, fine. But don't come in here and tout your doubts as facts, then.

We have to be objective. Do I require too much with these numbers?

It is not about anti- or pro-NV agenda. The only thing I care about is to have pro-customer agenda. Don't forget that without customers, those companies are nothing.

Ok, if they want it like this, fine. We are telling them that we don't like their actions. Do we have the right in doing so. Of course, we do

I remember similar never ending rising sky high guesses for the GTX 680 before it was officially released for $499 a price that was attacked as 'NO WAY' could it be priced so low.

Are we talking about the 680 that the Nvidia fanboys told us would be selling for $300 or the 680 that the Nvidia fanboys told us would be selling for $350?

Are we talking about the 680 that the Nvidia fanboys told us would be selling for $300 or the 680 that the Nvidia fanboys told us would be selling for $350?
Haha this made me laugh, so true.
I think $450 is the best we can expect for the 770.

Well we have rumours of $699 price for 780 aka Titan LE, and One site listing them at $720 with other products on normal price ranges so draw your own conclusions from that

They, until they prove using hard numbers about the sold titans. Avoiding giving such information is quite suspicious.
A hard number is not necessary to debunk the 10k rumor. If I wanted to avoid giving specific information without lying, I would rather give a range (in NVIDIA's case, the complement of a "small" interval containing 10,000) than (a) specific number(s).

Also, even if they gave hard numbers I don't see any reason why you'd believe them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back