NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

8-e-330782-3ngjoe.png

efficiency to the max

Why is the highest resolution 1080? :D
I would think that would be a resolution reserved for performance tier of cards not enthusiast.

ECH said:
I would think that would be a resolution reserved for performance tier of cards not enthusiast.
In most 2560x1600 tests, the 680 still leads. But why don't you go look for yourself?

The perf/w graph is somewhat weird though. Is HD7970 really just 17% better than GTX580 in perf/w?

I though its on average around 20% faster and consumes around 40W less power. So how is that 17% better is beyond me.

Not sure what the story with GPGU is. Performance is abysmal. Drivers?

Possibly drivers, yes. Might also have to do with the low DP-rate and the limited size of register files and caches.

This is clearly not a compute-oriented part.

Kepler GeForce cards are gonna be capped in DP performance just like Fermi GeForce cards. Just enough to run and debug DP code, but if you want high performance DP only Quadro and Tesla are not capped.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2977/...tx-470-6-months-late-was-it-worth-the-wait-/6

Update 3/30/2010: After hearing word after the launch that NVIDIA has artificially capped the GTX 400 series' double precision (FP64) performance, we asked NVIDIA for confirmation. NVIDIA has confirmed it - the GTX 400 series' FP64 performance is capped at 1/8th (12.5%) of its FP32 performance, as opposed to what the hardware natively can do of 1/2 (50%) FP32. This is a market segmentation choice - Tesla of course will not be handicapped in this manner.

There are Metro runs at higher resolutions, but what's with the 16x12 ish resolution? Who does that anymore?
Where's my 3600x1920 benchies!?

Fairly strong benchmark showing by my expectations, even if indeed most of the games chosen seem Nvidia favorable.

If true that they price it at 499, that could cause some good movement. 7970 should drop to 449, 7950 to 399, well 7870 will probably stay at 349...

This seems to be the first card in ages where Nvidia out engineered AMD (given size/perf/cost). About time, given they probably have way more engineers and R&D $ for many generations now. I guess 8th times the charm , or something.

Back