NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

GK107 mobile GDDR5 versions: http://ideapad.zol.com.cn/58/160_573716.html

GTX 660M - 5Gbps
GT 650M - 4Gbps

Core clocks could not be recognized.

640M is 625MHz @1.8GHz Effective MC..
650M 4.00GHz
660M 5.00GHz

i guess they halved the ROP count on 640M so it's okay with 1.8Gbps DDR3, say 8ROPs.. and 650M and 660M are 16 ROPs but 650M is clocked 20% lower than 660M.. i guess 650M @775MHz and 660M 925MHz pretty much GTX550Ti level performance..

I dont know, just speculating i like the idea what mczak says.. Everything is permitted in order to reach 3xDP FLOPs/W goal lol..
I liked mczak's idea too and I think that's how it is going to be done - makes room for more CCs "generating" the peak FLOP values and reduces the need for data movement, "earning" some power savings too.

I just thought you found some confirmation of this already. :)

33le6f6.jpg

GK104 Transistor Count and Exact Die-Size Revealed

Might actually be real for a change.

Better density than AMD? I hope it is because they fattened up the caches. Though seems unlikely considering ALUs jumped by 4x.

Might actually be real for a change.

Better density than AMD? I hope it is because they fattened up the caches. Though seems unlikely considering ALUs jumped by 4x.

The die size of GK104 is correct. I dont know about the transistor count, but if they've got the die size correct odds are the transistor count should be as well.

As discussed, we cant really compare GK104 with Tahiti, the right comparison would be with Pitcairn. And though the gap has shrunk, AMD still leads in density.

Where were the transistor and die sizes confirmed? All I saw was that post on Chiphell and that's about it

And all this GK110 take makes my head hurt. So much speculation about this unicorn chip that has few confirmed details

Back