NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

Sorry for OT (I'll keep it to this one post)
Looks like you've been put on global ignore a vbulletin-option in users banning panel - easy to verify if you're able to see your posts while logged in, but are not when you're logged out.

Hmmmm, my best guess is Kyle and company weren't thrilled with me pimping other sites' reviews over their own in that thread. They are sensitive boys. Didn't hear anything from them though. Ah well... :)

Yeah they are a funny lot over there. Very immature seeming. I try to avoid it as I can.

Hmmmm, my best guess is Kyle and company weren't thrilled with me pimping other sites' reviews over their own in that thread. They are sensitive boys. Didn't hear anything from them though. Ah well... :)

That's a pretty small offense to be banned and mass deleted over. :D

Clearly we need some kind of Kepler news ;)

Latest bit is A1 silicon is canned because of faulty PCIE 3.0

Kepler is coming in April, the info being released in February was old and was planed in July 2011.
First batch will be a High and Mid range card so the GTX680 and the GTX670 the GTX660 will follow a month later.
The problem is NVIDIA had some problems with PCIE 3 and had to revision the chip.So it is coming april you will see, I'ts in an official NVIDIA document.
It's from the official NVIDIA Czech office, they know better than HardOCP.
They also said that the February information was leaked (the old roadmap for kepler) to some Chinese company which started to spread this false date.
http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?2384-560-or-560-Ti (registration required)

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly we need some kind of Kepler news ;)

What, the "misadventures of trinibwoy" don't thrill you? :D I'm still wondering what that had to do with this thread....

Seriously though, I just realized that all this hype around GK104 is great and all but really doesn't benefit 580 owners like myself. Best we can hope for is ~7970 performance on the cheap. So no real upgrade options till the big boy arrives, whenever that is.

Seriously though, I just realized that all this hype around GK104 is great and all but really doesn't benefit 580 owners like myself. Best we can hope for is ~7970 performance on the cheap. So no real upgrade options till the big boy arrives, whenever that is.
True, I´m still wondering though. If GK104 already can compete with an 7970 SKU with a die size of about 300mm², the big one without the interface bottlenecks, bigger caches and 1.5x (2x may be possible, too) ALUs would wet my appetite even more. Not in a hurry though, my 580 is keeping me warm until then.

That is if GK104 times two won't be that big boy...

Manufacturing shutdown for CNY is about 1 week. It was known that it was going to occur so it has been planned for! ;)

prepare all you want, doesn't change the fact that you lost a full week and more -- considering the lack of efficiency during holiday seasons.:cool:

And how will that compete with 7990? Especially in demanding settings where 2GB and 256bit will probably hurt it quite a bit. I still don't believe all this GK110=2xGK104 stuff. Not in that it is a dual-chip solution.
GK110 is not a GK104x2 but that doesn't mean that there is no GK104x2 card planned.

Back