Shadows of the DAMNED

Don't know who or what Killer 7 is. :oops:

I like Vanquish. Short and sweet. Will definitely check out the game then.

Shadows of the Damned Sound Director Akira Yamaoka Talks Audio Influences:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...irector-akira-yamaoka-talks-audio-influences/

I’m the Sound Director and Chief Creative Officer at Grasshopper Manufacture. Some people may know me from my work on the Silent Hill series, but today I’m here to talk about our latest game — Shadows of the Damned, out now on the PS3.

Music plays an incredibly important role in setting the atmosphere for games, and it’s especially vital in an action-horror game like Shadows of the Damned. When scoring Damned, I tried to imagine tracks that would bring Hell to life for the player and the lead character Garcia. Designing music isn’t always the most transparent task, so in this blog post I want to explain my thoughts behind the creation of a few tracks included in the pre-order bonus soundtrack.

I didn't know the game is out. 2011 has way too many games again.

Will try to pick it up next week.

I firmly believe that no-one would give damn about this game if it wasn't for the Mikami/Suda/Yamaoka branding (little known fact: the game's director is actually a guy named Massimo Guarini). Looks very much like a budget tps to me, with generic fodder enemies and "shoot the glowing weak spot"-bosses. A budget game with a lot of dick jokes for sure, but still a budget game. Not much better than Wet. RE4 minus all the creativity, ingenuity and polish basically.

No, just looked my colleague over the shoulder while he took video material from it for our review. Certainly not horrible in any way, shape or form (other than the texture streaming issues which are quite glaring), but not especially good either.

I firmly believe that no-one would give damn about this game if it wasn't for the Mikami/Suda/Yamaoka branding (little known fact: the game's director is actually a guy named Massimo Guarini). Looks very much like a budget tps to me, with generic fodder enemies and "shoot the glowing weak spot"-bosses. A budget game with a lot of dick jokes for sure, but still a budget game. Not much better than Wet. RE4 minus all the creativity, ingenuity and polish basically.

I also believe that its getting attention only because of the names, otherwise if u look at its gameplay vids without knowing who is involved, it pretty much looks like a budget title. I have heard it gets much more colourful /creative environments-wise later in the game, though.

I think they should have priced it as a budget title too, would have helped a lot in sales in this year full of AAA stuff, especially on the ps3 ! But from what I heard from friends, except for the aiming which feels sluggish, they seem to love the game's style/premise and gameplay of alternating between melee and shooting ! Hope I get my hands on it someday when its cheaper.

Hope I get my hands on it someday when its cheaper.

Same here. 60€ for an 8 hour game is just way too much. RE4 was more than twice as long and had a fun bonus mode. RE5 had the same bonus mode and an addictive new game+ implementation. Lack of new game+ in Shadows of the Damned is very surprising considering how it is completely impossible to max out everything in a single run through the game.

Back