Shadows of the DAMNED

patsu

Legend
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/15/suda51-and-shinji-mikamis-ea-game-is-shadows-of-the-damned/

At their press conference in Tokyo today, Electronic Arts finally revealed Shadows of the DAMNED, a psychological action-thriller game about battling demons, as part of their EA Partners program. Or as Suda51 calls it, Shadows of the DAMNED (damned…damned…damned…).

Yes, with the echo. And the uppercase DAMNED. Although, you might just want to use one “damned.” Also, when you abbreviate it, please don’t use “SotD.” Instead, use “DMD.”

Is this any good ? TGS has been rather "explosive" so far. Saw many a fireworks.

Hm, super-shiny and an excessive amount of bloom. Unreal Engine 3 I take it.
Curious how the "psychological" part in this phsychological thriller is gonna work out when you are carrying a mecha-shotgun shaped like a giant skull at one end.

Dev Diary for the game ! :LOL: Crazy one at that ! Now I am getting interested in it. Its too wacky a concept. Could fall flat on its face or could be an unmissable crazy ride !

and it says June 2011 ! Wow , I didn't know it was so close, I thought its just started development or so !

Supposedly it was way crazier originally but then EA reigned him in.:cry:

Frankly speaking the environment and the hero don't seem to gel with thw wackyness ! Garcia looks too serious to be in this crazy concept and the environments are standard stuff ! The only freshness is in the banter between Garcia and the Gun ! Visuals aren't really supporting the craziness at all, I mean u gather strawberries in the game, which are actually made from mashed bits of flesh(or brains), but one look at the game, they just stand out as odd things in a sane world.

Maybe, its only me who sees this, but the visuals aren't really conveying any kind of genius here. Looks like an average AA game/budget title. If I had not seen the gameplay where the Gun keeps talking crazy stuff to Garcia, I wouldn't have been interested at all although it has Akira Yamaoka(his Silent Hill music just melts me !) and Shinji Mikami(RE4 is the only game that can stand up to MGS3, my fav game on the ps2), not to forget Suda 51(I haven't played Killer 7 yet, but I have seen his genius in many games around me).

A walkthrough by IGN. Thankfully the people doing this actually know what they are talking about, know about Shinji, Suda and Yamaoka, so c'mon guys here's a video which won't make you cringe :LOL: ! BTW, the game is full of references to other games here, the save file's name is "As Evil as Dead" ! So, all the people who keep saying this game feels like Evil Dead, well, the makers know that ;) !

What other games have they made ?

Dude ! Killer 7 ! I think thats the only one where these two were together. I have it for my ps2, but my memory card stopped working and I haven't bothered to get a new one. Its a crazy game from what I played but hooks you instantly.
Otherwise Goichi SUda has recently made "No More Heroes", a demo is up on PSN these days. Shinji is well known enough :D !

BTW, after trying out Vanquish on a borrowed copy, I am convinced Shinji Mikami is a genius, no matter what ! I just didn't want to put down the controller and the friend had to literally eject the disc and take it away from me :runaway: !

Back