Capcom announces DmC Devil May Cry, developed by Ninja Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be looking at this at a different way but couldn't Ninja theory being weak in gameplay but strong in other area's be exactly why they chose them? They already know how to make the combat in DMC they wouldn't outsource if all they wanted to do was tweak the combat. Thus it seems to me Capcom was going for a true collaboration in so far as the developer they chose has weaknesses that are their strengths and vice versa. Which to me makes more sense then picking a dev company that's you're clone and has the same weaknesses.

When you say "they already know how to make combat" are you referring to Capcom or NT?
If you are referring to Capcom its NT that will develop the combat. If you are referring to NT most likely they cant compete with Capcom.

This is going to turn out as a completely different game if Capcom doesnt lay some hand in the development

Capcom obviously and obviously Capcom has some hand in it. If it is a true collaborative and not a let's just over see the development of one of our games by another dev it is best for Capcom to choose a company whose strengths are not in the same areas as their own.

And this is a hit ?
I won't call DMC4 a dud...its certainly a great game which got overshadowed by DMC1 & (the rather spectacular) DMC3.

I predict 2 things:
1) 30 FPS (doesn't this looks like UE3 ?)
2) simplified combat

Ha ! looks like I was right

lol Here was thinking "this DmC trailer makes it look a UE-made game, but it can't be..." and now I finally know I'm right! I should stick with the idea that your first answer is usually the right one.

Why do people hate the Unreal Engine? It may have it's flaws but it also usually leads to a pretty good looking game. At least what I've seen with the updated engine.

DMC needs to be 60fps. Try playing the PC DMC4 at 30fps and you'll see how clunky it feels. Like fighters, DMC and NG have intricate combat that loses responsiveness at lower frame rates.

Why do people hate the Unreal Engine? It may have it's flaws but it also usually leads to a pretty good looking game. At least what I've seen with the updated engine.

Yeah, I like UE3 engine as well. I just often have the feeling that its full potential is unleashed by Epic themselves - their games just look better than other UE3 games in average (the only exeption I can think of is Bioshock). So when other devs use UE3, I am typically sceptical...let's see how the DMC devs can handle UE3.

When you say "they already know how to make combat" are you referring to Capcom or NT?
If you are referring to Capcom its NT that will develop the combat. If you are referring to NT most likely they cant compete with Capcom.

This is going to turn out as a completely different game if Capcom doesnt lay some hand in the development
I've already seen a video of Tameem Antoniades describing how they are at liberty to redefine Dante's moveset. So better don't expect too much restraint and oversight by Capcom there.

The character design is putting me right off, Dante now looks like a drug addict ew. Not touching this game with a ten foot pole I'm sorry NT.

No. NT are the developers.

Oh come on. No he doesn't.
Yea he does..
10ndr92.jpg

No. they mentioned clearly in GAMES(TM) that Ninja Theory is just handling art. Its a collaboration.

I never said they weren't collaborating but it is being developed by NT as mentioned in pretty much every article since it was unveiled - just for clarity's sake though, could you post a link?

Yea he does..
http://i52.tinypic.com/10ndr92.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thanks pointing out how he looks nothing like that guy. By the way, even if he did, looking like someone who is on drugs doesn't mean looking like they're on drugs themselves.

Yeah, would love a link to the GAMES article. Should be a good read. I thought the DMC art direction is fine. Why change it ? Is gameplay getting revamped too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back