PowerVR Series 6 now official

Well if they didn't aim for the slimmest form factors, presumably they could have packed in more power.

But yeah, it would be interesting if their devices are the first with Rogue, given their volumes, to ramp up a new CPU.

Where would that power be used though? There are reports that iOS7 runs fine on iPhone5.

Well if they didn't aim for the slimmest form factors, presumably they could have packed in more power.
For the iPad 3, Apple didn't have any qualms about increasing weight and thickness to support a retina display.

The whole premise that Apple is only interested in devices being thin is simply wrong. They make trade offs like everybody else.

I can't think of a case where, at launch, they didn't have most powerful GPU. Not having the most powerful CPU seems to be more if a case of having one available that anything else.

Apple tend to improve clock speeds, core counts, and/or memory implementations while keeping a similar core every other SoC generation.

Wasn't the GPU in the Apple A4 clocked almost twice as fast as the one in the 3GS? I can't find any references to clock speed of the GPU in the 3GS though :S.

Wasn't the GPU in the Apple A4 clocked almost twice as fast as the one in the 3GS? I can't find any references to clock speed of the GPU in the 3GS though :S.

If memory serves me right, I believe it was 135Mhz in the 3GS and 200Mhz in the 4.

Tucan, I take it that you are not necessarily endowed with technical expertise, which is not a sin. However, one liners rehashing the same thing will lead us to believe that you are not an expert (or even adept) at useful communication, and the latter is a requirement for a continued presence on this board (do not let the console forums trick you into believing otherwise).

Though I never had confirmation, various correlations and benchmark analysis led me to believe that the SGX535 in the 3GS was clocked at 150 MHz.

I think the 135 MHz figure mentioned before was around the speed of the MBX Lite in the second generation iPod touch (specifically, it might've been 133 MHz.)

Back