Flash issues

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Hi folks. Since the last Flash update, flash video no longer works on my Windows 7 machine, not in any of the browsers (I basically have them all). Not even youtube works anymore.

Anyone a similar experience?

It happens to me a bit whenever Flash gets updated. A quick uninstall and then reinstall usually does the trick. This is on XP and Server 2003 so might not help with Win 7.

I would also do an uninstall of the plugin and then a reinstall. For me, on Win7 x64 it was a smooth and painless update to the new version.

Tried reinstall already of both flash components, no luck.

Good riddance. Flash was shat out of the devil's arse hole.

I can't wait for the day when HTML 5 is available in IE and I can finally dump that pile of steaming crap that is flash.

Hi folks. Since the last Flash update, flash video no longer works on my Windows 7 machine, not in any of the browsers (I basically have them all). Not even youtube works anymore.

Not even in Chrome? I thought Chrome had Flash built in now.

Oh heaven forbid no. They will be adding built-in PDF support. However, I have not heard about adding built-in Flash support.

When I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Flash worked in Chrome before I installed Flash Player. I had to install it when I wanted to get Flash in IE8.

I'm also having problems with Flash in IE8 since the last update.. YouTube doesn't load properly (have to F5 several times) and now GameTrailers nolonger works either)

Not even in Chrome? I thought Chrome had Flash built in now.

I've deinstalled the Flash plugin from software, and now Flash works again in Chrome at least. So they have an interesting relationship, these two installs. It seems that either when the plugin is installed, Chrome uses that one, and when it isn't, it uses its own version of the dll, or it's just a coincidence and Chrome auto-updated itself to use either a fixed or an older version of the dll.

Do you get video and sound on non-flash players?

My last flash based problem was similar to that, sound wouldn't work in any flash based video players on any browser, i have no exact idea on what caused it, but re-installing k-light codecs pack detected some flaws in the windows registry, repaired them and sound was working again in flash video players.

Good riddance. Flash was shat out of the devil's arse hole.

I can't wait for the day when HTML 5 is available in IE and I can finally dump that pile of steaming crap that is flash.

Let me get this straight, you hate Flash but you like Internet Explorer. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing its more of a case of once IE has video and canvas tag support the need for flash to exist is almost gone.

What about DRM'ed video? From my understanding it's still a big bottleneck.

Well, the problem has returned, now Chrome no longer works either. Probably the internal Chrome plug-in got updated as well. The stupid Flash plugin still isn't thread safe either. Buggers.

However, very ironically, as I intalled Ubuntu 10 on my Windows 7 machine a few weeks ago I thought I'd have a look and see how far that would take me, and this in fact prompted me to install a flash plugin in Firefox, which although it doesn't seem to actually want to play an embedded youtube video, does allow me full youtube functionality in the browser on the youtube site.

So I'm now in the ironic position where Flash works in Linux and not in Windows ... :rolleyes::LOL:

EDIT: noticed that it does work embedded in Chromium, which is for some reason hugely faster than Firefox as well. INteresting.

I once tried some html5 thingy site in firefox, and the CPU usage was extremely high.
given that flash is mostly bad for its CPU use, I fail to see how html5 will be helpful. What I fear are content needing a > 2GHz CPU or equivalent rather than a > 1GHz CPU, loads of non-standard controls, loads of advertisment.

Back