[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

All the maps are actually pretty good. Park and Trainyard may be susceptible to spawn camp if the forces are too unbalanced. Hopefully with the match making fixed, we don't see this problem anymore.

I bought the new pack but haven't tried Invasion yet. I heard they are also working on a (new) co-op mode. Don't know what it is called yet.

EDIT: if you're level 10, you must have suffered from high level rocket spamming. Hopefully 1.05 fix will plug the hole. Sometimes, I am compelled to bring out the big guns too to even the odds.

More important question may be what Sony should do to improve their beta process. ^_^
As it's a part of the professional development process, they have to treat it more seriously than throwing up a download on PSN. People in general are poor at seeing potential in unfinsihed products, so you should only show WIPs to those who understand and want to help.

It looks like this gen has been very costly to Insomniac. They've grown larger but their titles are selling less than their PS2 titles, no?

All the maps are actually pretty good. Park and Trainyard may be susceptible to spawn camp if the forces are too unbalanced. Hopefully with the match making fixed, we don't see this problem anymore.

I bought the new pack but haven't tried Invasion yet. I heard they are also working on a (new) co-op mode. Don't know what it is called yet.

EDIT: if you're level 10, you must have suffered from high level rocket spamming. Hopefully 1.05 fix will plug the hole. Sometimes, I am compelled to bring out the big guns too to even the odds.

Really !!!! Thats news to me, haven't heard that before ! i would lap it up day one :p !

I am really enjoying the MP mostly, once in a while there is a match thats unbalanced, but otherwsie the MP is fun !

As for the Maps, yes, th emaps are really well designed in R3. The Seaside Map is another fun romp. I haven't played much but TDM in Seaside isusually a LOT of Fun.

Played some more just now and boy was it fun ! My nephew has come over and at one point I was ruling with my fire spitting Rossmore :devilish: in Seaside ! Woohooo !

Have to say these are some of the best designed maps for MP in a long time. Small and so immensely fun :p ! I just love Seaside, Trainyard and Alice Springs ! Love them !

Am at level 12 now, and the patch is working cos I did not run into any matchmaking issues at all. I encountered lag just once, otherwise everything went smooth as butter while ran around spewing fire !!!!!

@patsu: where did you hear about the co-op mode? I am not seeing that info anywhere else !

In the GAF OT thread.

I'm on an iPad now. Will see if I can find the URL later. ^_^

Yes, R3 feels smoother than R2. I don't remember RFOM being this smooth too but I need to check. It still has occasional micro-stutter when people spam the 3 high level weapons: The Cryogun, the Wildfire and the Atomizer. The Cryogun is the hardest to judge because it would freeze everything including the players. It's rather cool but also frustrating when you get hit (I can't move !).

As it's a part of the professional development process, they have to treat it more seriously than throwing up a download on PSN. People in general are poor at seeing potential in unfinsihed products, so you should only show WIPs to those who understand and want to help.

It looks like this gen has been very costly to Insomniac. They've grown larger but their titles are selling less than their PS2 titles, no?

PS2 user base is huge, so I wouldn't be surprised if they make less $$$.

I think Sony tries to save money in the wrong place here. Same for PS Home. From the outside (and this could be wrong), it seems that Phil Harrison's ideas (Game 3.0 and on-the-fly development based on user feedback) get implemented on a shoestring budget. These are grea ideas but they may be more expensive to make than your usual games.

Also, do not make my mistakes:
Loyal customers are not your best friends (or BFFs). You cannot always listen to them nor take them for granted. That's why we have a different word for it. :p

A community is not just about serving or even engaging them. It's about empowering them. Giving them crude beta is not empowering users. It makes us feel powerless.

It's rather similar to the golden advice: a wife is not your maid. You'll get it. :devilish:

There's a demo on PSN now. Will definitely try, hope this one has Move support.

There's a demo on PSN now. Will definitely try, hope this one has Move support.

You haven't got the game?

OTOH, i haven't tried the Move controls still,will do someday, the game plays just fine with my sixaxis , so never felt the urge to run around like a drunkard with the Move :LOL: !

Where? I couldn't find it with a search, either EU or NA stores.

I had a lot of trouble tracking down demos too (searched for DanceStar myself), until I found the 'New' section, which had 112 items among which demos for Resistance 3, NFS: The Run, DanceStar, Mercury, etc.

Played the demo, but I don't think this one is for me. I think the only remaining shooting I'll be doing this year will be Uncharted, no more fps. It was interesting to try it with Move though.

Ok I see. It's a fairly decent fight but hardly show the real appeal of the game. I had hoped that they use the end of Chapter 7 for demo. ^_^

I think they should let PS+ members sample the game using the "one free BR demo per month" service. The demo has no Move support ?

Yeah, the boat and the early old town fights are near the beginning of the game. Not so interesting in terms of experiencing the game, but the gunplay should be accurate albeit limited (only 1-3 weapons ? And cannot be upgraded ?).

I remember playing the boat demo now you mention it (boat trip into town). If it's that one, it didn't float my boat.

Its a different demo this time

p.s I tried the demo with move and I cant figure out how to aim with it (as in seeing through the rifle's scope for example)

Found and played the demo. Very short. It was an okay experience but I can't say it was competitive. Visually, it doesn't stand well against other shooters. Gameplay was very standard. The weapon variety was a little more than most shooters because of the Auger (three rifles and the exploding pistol are available to try). I levelled up Marksman to level 5, principally because I didn't know how to change weaopns until I ran out of ammo and checked the controls in options, but didn't see the difference. I can see why a lot of people might pass on this considering the oversaturated FPS market. There's not enough to differentiate at the basic level, and the other aspects like eye-candy aren't strong.

Back