[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

So like, how does the matchmaking work in MP? When people that are level 60 gets to play with people that are level 2?

I came here to share the same thing. I was in this really fucked up team Deathmatch today. The players on the other team were all above level40, with the exception of a few and they were pulling out such unheard of tricks(abilities/berserks/perks whatever the hell they are called!) out of their hats that we had no idea what was happening, leave alone trying to counter. I mean really, I had no idea what the fuck was happening all around me. We were engulfed with pyrotechnic displays which we had no idea about what kindof gun or ability was causing:devilish: ! It felt like an alien invasion, unknown tech, and irony being that we were the chimera in that round:mad: !

I mean there was this some kindof Auger bullet explosion that seemed to happen when an enemy died, or that is what I understood. It was like a hedgehog grenade effect but instead of the ususal spikes, there were unstoppable auger bullets :oops: ! And more stuff I had never heard of or knew. The other side being so levelled up, we had no chance with our basic guns and abilities. We were base raped in the most frustrating way by the time the round ended. All because we were not paired with people with similar ranks.

Well, I thought, okay, I'll just play the hardcore mode untill I level up enough and then come to normal MP. But there was no one playing on the hardcore mode, which is a surprise considering everyone wanted it so badly :rolleyes: !

Maybe, its just because there were too few people playing due to the BF3 beta, so maybe the game just threw all who were playing together into one match. I hope this doesn't happen again, as it shows the extreme disparity between lower level and levelled up players. This isn't expected at all !

Also, it was supposed to be double xp weekend, well, I did not get any double xp either :rolleyes:!

Also, it was supposed to be double xp weekend, well, I did not get any double xp either :rolleyes:!

Actually you do, if you look during the game you will see that kill gets you 200xp instead of 100xp etc. The summary at the end of the game does not show the double xp, but it counts towards your level upgrades.

Maybe, its just because there were too few people playing due to the BF3 beta, so maybe the game just threw all who were playing together into one match. I hope this doesn't happen again, as it shows the extreme disparity between lower level and levelled up players. This isn't expected at all !
Of the online games I've played, it most certainly is expected! That's standard form, to put high-level players with all the gear and bonuses up against noobs, and I find typically random team allocation tends to favour an unfair distribution. eg. If you compare U2's teams, typically one side's aggragate level far outstrips the others, although U2's bonuses aren't such large game changes as the perks and buffs of modern FPSes.

Hence I only care for coop, until some company has sense to design a decent, balanced competitive experience the same as any sport or serious game.

Yes, I am paired with Level 30s in U2 too, but then I have a full chance of trumping them still. The match of R3 yesterday felt like Humans against aliens of some sort, they seemed to be playing some totally different game than me! I understand your earlier posts now Shifty. Its just that I had not experienced this disparity at this big scale before. I just hope it doesn't happen to me again.

I would love to play co-op in R3, but the game needs specific invites to play with someone, I can't leave my game open for others to join :( ! Thats a bummer.

I understand your earlier posts now Shifty. Its just that I had not experienced this disparity at this big scale before. I just hope it doesn't happen to me again.
Similar experiences I've had are in Warhawk, where a team with a couple of good fliers completely eclipses the competition, and Killzone 2 which became a whole world of hurt when I progressed from quiet soldier or medic the full world of all occupations. Are developers even aware of this?! Do they start the game day one, levelling up with the earliest, and then merrily trounce noobs without a care? The fact game after game comes out with such disparities boggles my mind! :oops: It's as if the designers have forgotten the purpose of games is entertainment and fun, and instead follow a path of existing traditions set by best-selling titles.

The same without dots. =)

I've liked Global Resistance, it's a bit like the old strategy game Risk, with skirmish battles and building a base added. Although after unlocking Bloody Hell cheat, Chimera Test Dummy skin, and most of the artwork, there isn't really that much goals left to play the game, other than the Malikov skin.

Here's info about GR, and how to unlock stuff for the main game:
http://resistance.wikia.com/wiki/Global_Resistance

There's a Resistance mini-game for Home? What's it like?

Ummm... where does it say how to unlock stuff inR3?

Ummm... where does it say how to unlock stuff inR3?

In the bottom of the page.

zqPrk.jpg

+ there are bonus titles, that can be earned for the MP part.

The only unlockable I'm missing is the Malikov skin. :)

How does Global Resistance work ? I see that the R3 MP world map changes day to day. Does web GR affect these Blu-ray MP games in anyway ?

How does Global Resistance work ? I see that the R3 MP world map changes day to day. Does web GR affect these Blu-ray MP games in anyway ?

As far as I know, it doesn't, but I could be mistaken The R3 MP world map seems to reflect what happens in GR though.

As for how does GR work...
You build a base and complete missions, which give you money, troops, bombs, shields, and bunker busters (and of course XP), which you use to attack and defend areas. It reminds me of Risk to some extent. Then there are skirmish battles, where you can fight directly against other players. They're like mini-strategy card games, which often seem to rely heavily on luck.

Finished the game in split-screen co-op on hard. Enjoyed it overall, but it did get frustrating at times. May be we shouldn't have started this game on hard. Having to rescue your partner in R3 to avoid game over makes this co-op experience more difficult than I can remember for RFOM. We did complete superhuman in RFOM which allows dead partner to respawn after about 30 seconds without risking a rescue. I can see why they put in this rescue task but with the frustration fresh in my mind, I definitely prefer the old way. The need to rescue means you need to stay close to each other while the old way makes opposite styles (rushing into combat and playing conservative) perfectly complementary.

RFOM split the screen better as well with no big black bars on screen but after R2 and some other split-screen games, I wasn't really expecting R3 to do that.

The only unlockable I'm missing is the Malikov skin. :)

THe unlocks happened once I linked my PSN account !
Funny that you are missing th e malikocv skin, cos I unlocked that even before R3 relelased :raz: , and I did not even play much !

BTW, I just unlocked "Bloody Hell", which I think is a cheat for the SP Campaign :p ! Can't wait to try it out ! Yay ! BTW, GR is fun, no doubt, first Web game which I am enjoying, usually I can't stand them for more than 10 mins.

THe unlocks happened once I linked my PSN account !
Funny that you are missing th e malikocv skin, cos I unlocked that even before R3 relelased :raz: , and I did not even play much !

BTW, I just unlocked "Bloody Hell", which I think is a cheat for the SP Campaign :p ! Can't wait to try it out ! Yay ! BTW, GR is fun, no doubt, first Web game which I am enjoying, usually I can't stand them for more than 10 mins.

I fight in the Chimeran regime, which seems to be greatly outnumbered by humans, so winning a war (and getting the Malikov skin) might be an impossible task. Whereas I imagine it to be far easier for those who aligned themselves with the human side. Well, I've always liked to be on the side of the minority. ;)

I think Bloody Hell cheat wasn't that great as I imagined it to be. In fact, I set it off after a while. But the concept art packages were definitely worth the effort. I wish I could get some of those New York & Terraformer images as wallpapers for my laptop.

GR is definitely entertaining, but after achieving most of the rewards for R3, and fighting a seemingly futile war against an overpowered enemy, it has lost some of its charm, but I'm not about to give up just yet. :)

On a side note, here's a bit different, but fantastic Cthulhu based web game, The Necronomicon, which I recommend to try.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/GamesofCthulhu/the-necronomicon
It's a somewhat strategic card game against an AI partner, but it can hook you as well as GR due to the achievements.

I really don't understand why the concept arts we unlock in Resistance and Uncharted (and other games) cannot be saved in the photos folder !!! Some of them are so beautiful and what is th epiont of unlocking them if you cant use them at all !!!! :???:

And I chose the human side of the things, but then I didn't know which side would turn out to be in the minority. mostly , its always the gangsters which end up attracting everyone, very rarely does a game attract people to the good side of things. So, in fact, I had guessed that I would be in the minority while choosing the human side. ;) !

What does Bloody Hell do? increase gore?

I really don't understand why the concept arts we unlock in Resistance and Uncharted (and other games) cannot be saved in the photos folder !!! Some of them are so beautiful and what is th epiont of unlocking them if you cant use them at all !!!! :???:

And I chose the human side of the things, but then I didn't know which side would turn out to be in the minority. mostly , its always the gangsters which end up attracting everyone, very rarely does a game attract people to the good side of things. So, in fact, I had guessed that I would be in the minority while choosing the human side. ;) !

What does Bloody Hell do? increase gore?

Yeah, it would be great if the images could be saves in the photos folder, and transferred to PC if one wishes. That goes for many other games, which have unlockable images. And given that R3 has a wonderful soundtrack, it's a missed opportunity to not offer it for purchase in the PSN Store, like it's been done with some other games.

I think in Resistance's case, the human side may attract more players, if they want to continue the "good fight" in GR as well. ;)

Bloody Hell makes the enemies explode and splatter in bloody chunks when you kill them, but somehow I liked the original way better.

This is how it looks like:
U58xA.jpg

Yes, I like the menu Music a LOT too :p and just yesterday I was searching if I could get R3 OST from somewhere, but no luck !
I'll try bloody hell when i boot it up next, right now am too busy (runs off to his desk and scribbles on his drawing sheet to infinity)

Human ! We lost the last round ! C'mon everyone, Chimera are really ruling this round. Right now I am concentrating on winning the Andes, so that humans can move on to Australia !

Human ! We lost the last round ! C'mon everyone, Chimera are really ruling this round. Right now I am concentrating on winning the Andes, so that humans can move on to Australia !

I'm concentrating on Central America. We are getting our butts handed to us right now...

Back