[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

I signed up to PSVITA info at the Eurogamer Expo at the weekend and I've just received a code for a Resistance: Burning Skies theme for the PS3 or PSP.

However, I still don't have a new PS3 to replace the dead one, so if anyone wants to use the code for the theme, here it is:

KN72-E3N4-H984

If used, please post here to say you've used it so that no one else spends time trying to get it to work ;)

I signed up to PSVITA info at the Eurogamer Expo at the weekend and I've just received a code for a Resistance: Burning Skies theme for the PS3 or PSP.

However, I still don't have a new PS3 to replace the dead one, so if anyone wants to use the code for the theme, here it is:

KN72-E3N4-H984

If used, please post here to say you've used it so that no one else spends time trying to get it to work ;)

I might as well take on the offer. Thanks. =)

I've been away from the forum for a while, as I've been mostly visiting NeoGAF nowadays, but came here today to look how B3D residents liked R3, and I'm glad to notice it was enjoyed as greatly as I did. One of the best campaigns I've played in a long time. Took about 10 hours to finish it the 1st time, and now I've played it through another time with health regen cheat. When I get the infinite ammo cheat, I'm going for the 3rd ride. =) The ending was a disappointment though, as was the fact that many story elements were left unanswered. Also, I would have preferred a vertically divided split screen campaign, as it's more ideal for a widescreen TV. But I guess, those are minor setbacks compared to everything it does good.

P.S. If anyone is up to some skirmish battles in Global Resistance, here's my username: Kraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your GAF nick ? I dropped you a chatroom invite too.

I signed up for Global Resistance but didn't get around to try it. Is it a good game ? If so, why didn't they integrate it with PS Home ? Instead they have yet another Resistance mini-game for Home it seems. >_<

What's your GAF nick ? I dropped you a chatroom invite too.

I signed up for Global Resistance but didn't get around to try it. Is it a good game ? If so, why didn't they integrate it with PS Home ? Instead they have yet another Resistance mini-game for Home it seems. >_<

The same without dots. =)

I've liked Global Resistance, it's a bit like the old strategy game Risk, with skirmish battles and building a base added. Although after unlocking Bloody Hell cheat, Chimera Test Dummy skin, and most of the artwork, there isn't really that much goals left to play the game, other than the Malikov skin.

Here's info about GR, and how to unlock stuff for the main game:
http://resistance.wikia.com/wiki/Global_Resistance

There's a Resistance mini-game for Home? What's it like?

Here's info about GR, and how to unlock stuff for the main game:
http://resistance.wikia.com/wiki/Global_Resistance

There's a Resistance mini-game for Home? What's it like?

I have no idea ! I skipped it too once I found out it's yet another promo mini-game.

Only found out from GAF recently that Global Resistance is a decent/good web game.
Had Insomniac combine both the Home game and GR, I'd have a different impression. ^_^

[chuckle] "What did you do with the rest of the body ?"

The game also plays like Halo in some areas. I guess if you turn on the Health Regen cheat, it would be even more similar.

I have seen some people say it feels like CoD too. ^_^

I think the weapon wheel and non-regen health form the core gameplay.

I have no idea ! I skipped it too once I found out it's yet another promo mini-game.

Only found out from GAF recently that Global Resistance is a decent/good web game.
Had Insomniac combine both the Home game with GR, I'd get a different impression. ^_^

Will have to try the Home mini-game, if only for the possible unlocks, or points to unlock the rest of the cheats. =)

What's the GAF chatroom for? I mean, is it just to arrange gaming sessions or what? As typing with the controller is a bit tiresome. ;)

I visited the R3 space only once for like 3 minutes. They also held an R3 event in Home in early September:
http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=3737.0

Yes, if you're in the R3 chatroom, people will send you invite even if you're not on their friends list. You don't really need to type anything unless you want to text chat with them.

You will also see text exchange between folks in the chatroom even if they are in a different round or game. That way you can observe their behaviour first before joining them. I often chuckle at their comments because some of them are quite funny, and a few tend to overreact. I mean it's like GAF-Live. You know how GAF rolls sometimes. :devilish:

EDIT: I suspect most of them will move to BF3 and U3 though.

I visited the R3 space only once for like 3 minutes. They also held an R3 event in Home in early September:
http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=3737.0

Yes, if you're in the R3 chatroom, people will send you invite even if you're not on their friends list. You don't really need to type anything unless you want to text chat with them.

You will also see text exchange between folks in the chatroom even if they are in a different round or game. That way you can observe their behaviour first before joining them. I often chuckle at their comments because some of them are quite funny, and a few tend to overreact. I mean it's like GAF-Live. You know how GAF rolls sometimes. :devilish:

EDIT: I suspect most of them will move to BF3 and U3 though.

Nothing for the real game, just home stuff.
Blah, might as well skip it, as I don't really use Home.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. There really isn't point for entering online co-op, as I don't own a headset, but regular MP might work. I might look into it, but now I'm going to play Dead Nation's new addition. =)

Blah, might as well skip it, as I don't really use Home.

Same way I felt when I first "saw" it. Still feel the same way today despite the fact that I do use Home from time to time. ^_^

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. There really isn't point for entering online co-op, as I don't own a headset, but regular MP might work. I might look into it, but now I'm going to play Dead Nation's new addition. =)

Yap ! I don't turn on my headset too. Too noisy at work and afraid of bad language at home.

The room I sent you is not game or R3 specific. It's the main room people hang out. e.g., fearsomepirate came in last night and convinced me to vet to Valor in MAG. :p

They will know what to do *if* you decide to join them in a game. Most of the time, people simply linger there quietly.

Ha Ha ! True ! In fact I call that MT.Peasant level Ravenholm without a wince ! It is Ravenholm !
But I don't think the game is a HL2 Rip-off, it takes elements from a multitude of games. Thats how RFOM was reviewed too, that it takes elements from a lot of other games, but combines them such that it turns out to be a really fun SHooter. No doubt Yahtzee hasn't played RFOM, cos this is expected from Resistance.

Te point where R3 shines is the Weapon Wheel, Run n Gun and Health Packs.

I still think RFOM is more enjoyable as a game ! R3 is more ummm..."cinematic", very enjoyable the first few times, but as a simple game which can be replayed hundreds of times, RFOM is unbeatable still !

Yeah I agree, I also think RFOM was the better game. R3 seems to be running out of ideas in end, repeating all the previous big encounters.

As for the HL2 comparison. What hasn't been done in shooters before?

I :love: RFOM MP better, I :love: R3 SP better and I :love: R2 co-op better. :LOL:

RFOM MP is robust, clean and simple. R3 SP is atmospheric and have quite a bit of variety. Initial RFOM gameplay was too fragmented. Took a little time to warm up. But the vehicle segments and AI are memorable. R2 co-op is just hands down unique. Lower level co-op party is repetitive. AI can surprise me sometimes in high level games.

I :love: RFOM MP better, I :love: R3 SP better and I :love: R2 co-op better. :LOL:

RFOM MP is robust, clean and simple. R3 SP is atmospheric and have quite a bit of variety. Initial RFOM gameplay was too fragmented. Took a little time to warm up. But the vehicle segments and AI are memorable. R2 co-op is just hands down unique. Lower level co-op party is repetitive. AI can surprise me sometimes in high level games.

:LOL: The one thing I liked about RFoM better was the pick and play type of relatively small, but fun levels, like the level with the Widowmaker and two Stalkers, or the one where you rushed through the ruined city with your comrades. Plus the split screen co-op was handled the best in RFoM. I've played the game through 4-5 times by myself, and 3 times with a friend, and it's the only Resistance which I've played through on hard difficulty.

I was wondering if anybody tried the health regen cheat. :)

It will probably make the
Feral vs Armed Chimera and Grimm
levels more fun.

:LOL: The one thing I liked about RFoM better was the pick and play type of relatively small, but fun levels, like the level with the Widowmaker and two Stalkers, or the one where you rushed through the ruined city with your comrades. Plus the split screen co-op was handled the best in RFoM. I've played the game through 4-5 times by myself, and 3 times with a friend, and it's the only Resistance which I've played through on hard difficulty.

Yes ! I :love: that level. Also liked The Mall.

In R3, I like
Chapter 7, including the pub defense, and the New York levels

Update on Patch 1.04 and Double XP Weekend:
http://www.insomniacgames.com/update-on-patch-1-04-and-double-xp-weekend/

Hey everyone,

We wanted to thank all of you for your patience while we iron out the remaining kinks in the Resistance 3 Multiplayer. Many of you have been playing with no issues, but there are also some of you experiencing framerate hitches and other minor bugs. We wanted you to know that we are continuing to work through these issues as quickly as we can.

Tomorrow we anticipate Sony rolling out patch 1.04 (in NA and EU). It includes minor performance optimizations, updates to the Move/Sharpshooter aiming when aiming down the sights, as well as some matchmaking balance tweaks.

Following 1.04 will be a patch that should clean up the rest of the loose ends. There are some smaller framerate issues we are aware of and these will be addressed in patch 1.05, along with some split screen optimization. This patch (1.05) has not gone to Sony approval yet, but should soon. We are continuing to strive for a smooth, positive experience for everyone.

In the meantime, as a THANK YOU to those playing and hanging with us, we are going to offer DOUBLE XP THIS WEEKEND! Everything will be doubled starting now! You will simply have to close out of the game and go back in to get the updated configs.

So like, how does the matchmaking work in MP? When people that are level 60 gets to play with people that are level 2?

Back