[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

Youtube

Highly unlikely... highly. Seriously now. :p That said, the abundant use of smoke in the air is a nice touch for the mood.

I saw it in 720P (compressed) on youtube and it does look that good.

Amazing work by Insominiac.

I cannot believe what I have seen.

The wind looks good, but it looks like it should be affecting your movement going by how hard it's blowing.

Maybe they can at least do something like Killzone 2's train level and have it affect grenades.

Looks like they really improved the shadowing, looked awful in Resistance 2.
I agree on all accounts. I wonder what the SPU job scheduling and breakdown looks like for those scenes.

I wonder if they add physics to the combat. The KZ2 train level will curve your grenade throw because the train is moving. The wind looks strong enough to do the same here. Should have turned on Auger vision in the trailer to let us see where the enemies and allies are.

EDIT: :LOL: beaten !

Did they say whether this game will do 4-player or 8-player co-op online? 4-player co-op would still be hot, but I enjoyed the 8-player co-op more than any other online mode.

Did they say whether this game will do 4-player or 8-player co-op online? 4-player co-op would still be hot, but I enjoyed the 8-player co-op more than any other online mode.

That has been dropped. it was the biggest news when R3 was announced. Just 2 player split screen and online co-op in campaign !

Some responses from James Stevenson. R3 is not straight R1… in case people get heart attack when they play the first level: ^_^

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25757570&postcount=410

Originally Posted by TrAcEr_x90:
I just hope every level isnt that brown and dusky. I looooved the look and feel of the forest in 2. Just minus those stupid invisible enemies! weapons seem a ton better. I dont know if they are closer to eye level or just bigger overall. But the guns in 2 seemed so not threatening at all.

no. I think every level looks very different, to be honest in terms of coloring and tone, yet the game feels incredibly cohesive. Grant, the R3 art director, and his team have been doing a stellar job.

this is a dusty, ruined town junkyard/town square, in the middle of a terraformer caused wind storm, of course it's brown and dusty and muddy. we can go in completely different directions (as the boat demo / VGA / GI story showed) yet still feel like it's very much apart of the R3 world.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25757622&postcount=412

don't forget to have some ratchet/clank items to dress up the characters in MP ^_^

not saying that specifically.

but to folks saying we're just listening to critics all over again, I think that's not true. We're drawing on the best from both games while also making desicions that are for the best for R3. for instance, not straight up using RFOM or R2's health system. Not going back to the total run-and-gun of RFOM. Adding an upgrade system.

MP will be a lot more of this too. Mixing our favorite things from both games. but more on that later

PS3 only plays YT vids at 240p (360p if via embedded player on forums). Are you talking about viewing through the web browser or an MP4 file on your PS3?

I don't see how that worked for you. I have a very high speed connection and I can't get 720p video from Eurogamer/DF to work on the PS3's browser for more than a few seconds at a time. That would be followed by extremely long pauses. Even SD feeds usually start and stop after a while. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how that worked for you. I have a very high speed connection and I can't get 720p video from Eurogamer/DF to work on the PS3's browser for more than a few seconds at a time. That would be followed by extremely long pauses. Even SD feeds usually start and stop after a while. ;)

I dunno but it worked for me. The streaming was ok but towards the end I got a "ran out of memory message".

I haven't seen them before. Forgot the above date is in EU date format.

Resistance 3 releases on September 6 exclusive to PS3.

Thought it was June 9. >_<

Like I see so far. Reminds me more of R1 than R2.

Back