[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

R3 video is up at EU blog ! More screens there too ! Radical new art direction ! Brown, brown ....BROWN !!!! :D I think Insomniac is trying to pull off a Guerilla Games in terms of atmosphere !

Last edited by a moderator:
Glowing outerspace Gorilla! This would be bloody awesome if it didn't take itself so seriously.
Also, wasn't Resistance always kinda brown? (or grey) I never played R2, but R1 made Gears of War look lush and colorful.

Glowing outerspace Gorilla! This would be bloody awesome if it didn't take itself so seriously.
Also, wasn't Resistance always kinda brown? (or grey) I never played R2, but R1 made Gears of War look lush and colorful.

Yeah ! But R2 was the opposite, too much color :D ! COnsidering how different this level looks from every other screen or vidoe shown before, looks variety will be king. Frankly speaking , looking at screenshots of the boat and this together on my PC, they seem like two different games !

Some promo pics from that trailer.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25726771&postcount=96

5406161273_1503d4e1f7_b.jpg

5406159501_a8df5a6463_b.jpg

5406766618_82b06c331e_b.jpg

Jstevenson confirms Health packs. No regenerating health for noobs here :D ! R1 FTW !

EDIT: Don't know why, but the second pic there of the chimera gives me a very uneasy feeling :runaway: !

[Wipe tears off with hanky]

[size=-2]I finally found my lost game.[/size]

How come no date or release timeframe ?! :mad:

EDIT: Hope they can keep the story together this time round !
Gameplay and visuals look great. I can see Auger, BullsEye and Carbine in action.

[Wipe tears off with hanky]

[size=-2]I finally found my lost game.[/size]

How come no date or release timeframe ?! :mad:

EDIT: Hope they can keep the story together this time round !
Gameplay and visuals look great. I can see Auger and BullsEye in action.

I think insomniac said september of this year will be when R3 will be released. Don't have a source but im sure they said september like in the full moon show or something.

Grr... stop it ! Must contain excitement at work.

EDIT:
Question ! Is Mike Acton still at Insomniac ?

EDIT 2:
LinkedIn says he's there.

Jstevenson confirms Health packs. No regenerating health for noobs here :D ! R1 FTW !

Hopefully there'll be a partially regenerating health system like in RFoM.

I'm also a bit worried about being forced to use ironsights for being able to hit a target, like in R2, instead of shooting from the hip like in RFoM.

EDIT: Don't know why, but the second pic there of the chimera gives me a very uneasy feeling :runaway: !
Makes sense. Hale was infected and had some healing abilities. Now you're playing as Capeli, right?

edit: nm, you guys are probably referring to R2.

Looks awesome... can't wait. This is my most anticipated game of 2011.

Only one thing: the explosion... I don't know a single sony game which use a good effect to see in motion... I know the low buffer it's the great limit of the ps3 but there are a lot of third parties games which use a lot better effect than killzone or resistance...why? Just cause 2, cod of treyarch, mafia 2 even red faction and so on use a lot better effect even in low buffer. Oh wait, motorstorm & socom 4 maybe are the only more tolerable.

Very... stunning, though I must say I'm not too fond of the orange and grey. I thought I was watching a commercial for Killzone until I saw the aliens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back