[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

tha_con

Banned
R3_Tease.1.jpg

Resistance 3 Revealed

worst. secret. ever.

The date we’ve been all been waiting for quite some time now has finally come. Yes, we are very aware of the fact that some games are just too hard to keep a secret; however, it’s our pleasure to finally put some rumors to rest. Today, we would like to OFFICIALLY announce our latest title currently in development – Resistance 3.

Since the release of Resistance 2, we’ve listened to your feedback to help fine-tune what we know will become a respected addition to the franchise. Our Burbank studio has done a phenomenal job of crafting a cruel and brutal Resistance 3 world. You can catch a glimpse of it by watching the live-action Resistance 3 teaser trailer shown during the PlayStation Press Conference at GamesCom today. Follow @insomniacgames on Twitter and you'll be the first to know when we've uploaded it for you to watch and share with all your friends.

We are very excited to show you more about Resistance 3. Remember to tell your friends to sign up for the newsletter, we’ll be offering swag and exclusive info throughout the coming year. In fact, you can visit our Community section and download some wallpapers right now.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbkXTSs3bvU

So... the Chimera segments are using in-game models ? as in they will be fierce and mean as depicted ?

To be frank, I'm just waiting for 2 words,
weapon wheel
, or equivalent.

[size=-2]Don't really dig the trailer, :oops: but I am very VERY grateful for R3.[/size]

This could be great. If this their new studio, it looks like they've nearly doubled their overall dev cycle to two years. Mechanics-wise they have all the pieces in the previous two games, they just need to pick and choose carefully. I hope they integrate both R2-style co-op and classic campaign co-op for one. And yeah, weapon wheel please.

It needs the 8 player co-op again or or more players. And there should be tons more co-op maps/missions.
Heck if they released co-op only of R3 with tons of DLC to come etc. I would probably be happy for the next 3 years.

This is from their Burbank studio (ie the original). The new Ratchet is from their new studio.

This could be great. If this their new studio, it looks like they've nearly doubled their overall dev cycle to two years.
It was reported, can't remember where, that they've shifted to a 3 year dev cycle. Three studios would mean one release per year.

It was reported, can't remember where, that they've shifted to a 3 year dev cycle. Three studios would mean one release per year.
The Burbank studio hasn't been around that long though, or has it?
I see my wording was poor though. IIRC the old Insomniac method was 1 year of full production for a game, and only one game in full production at any one time. The overall "dev cycle" could span longer though by running activities with a relatively small headcount ("preproduction") in parallel to the "big" current project.
Something like that.

But instead they are doing 2 in 2011 :)

Which suspiciously gives me the sinking feeling that this game was meant to be a Fall 2010 game, however like almost every game under the sun, from every publisher, on the planet, that isn't COD:Black Ops, and with the exception of a few brave folks (and very smart IMHO), it's likely that it could have been pushed to Jan 2011 to avoid the traditional fall/holiday rush... which this year now seems to be non-existant, leaving the beginning of 2011 looking seriously like a cluster****...

Anyhows, i cannot wait.... contrary to many i loved R2.... EVEN THE SP *gasp*

;-)

Didn't Insomniac say Resistance was always Nathan Hale's story, lost in the first episode and focussed on in the second. I can't remember how R2 ended now...

Hale and Capelli ended up on a different planet, or a future Earth with a chipped off moon. Capelli fired at Hale, who has become Chimeran-like. It's also possible that something else happened since we only heard the shot.

Hell Yeah ! Finally its Resistance 3 :D ! Been waiting since E 3 !

Co-op seems confirmed from the trailer ! Otherwise can't say anything about the game except that it seems they r going back to the R1 style visually. Notice how they pass colourful areas of R2 and reach an almost R1 like area and then the fight begins !

Hope we get gameplay screens or video sooooooooon ! :)

From the end of R2 , it seemed obvious that its all on capelli's shoulders now. Can't relate the end to this trailer though. I was expecting "other worldy" locations for R3 !

Back