BFG sending out warranty denial letters, bankrupt?

I'm sure AMD doesn't want to get stick if BFG simply went under a few months later and left their customers without the fabled "lifetime warranty". It would reflect badly on AMD if their partners were building bad products, maybe poorly designed or with cheap components, only to crap all over their customers. That's why they keep a tight rein over their partners, and have stopped them producing (for instance) unreliably overclocked products.

Sucks I liked BFG and BFG bought Razer too...

Huh? First I'm hearing from it, and couldn't find any such info via google either.
Only relation I could find between the two was one Boomslang mouse released under BFG brand, but that doesn't mean anything.

This does suck, I have worked in retail sales for years, and now work at a fairly large and growing computer store. We had many repeat shoppers and were are pulling customers away from Best Buy because we actually know what we are talking about. BFG was one of the brands that we regularly pushed to people, both because of quality and because they backed their products up with wonderful support.

There does not seem to be a whole lot of information out there on what is going on. We pushed BFG in both ATI and Nvidia. Since the drop of carying the BFG line we have gotten in a bunch of cheap brands that customers are now going after because of the low prices, like Galaxy, Palit, Sparkle, Zotac.

Not to say all the cards from these brands are bad, but the majority of the ones we carry, they lower the specs on the cards, offer less warranty, and have crap cooling on them. Not to mention a lot of them are SYNERGY / Turbocache cards. Meaning they share (steal) system ram, some taking up to a gigabyte of memory.

Sure, they may be cheaper, but they are also less in performance. We are down to really only one brand that we can in good conscience push all their cards out the door, and that would be EVGA.

You lost me on that one. BFG doesn't exactly carry different cards than other Nvidia partners. Although their OC edition cards might vary slightly. Especially when a new GPU is launched, everyone is selling the exact same reference board for a few months with the majority not bothering to do anything different than the reference.

Regards,
SB

You lost me on that one. BFG doesn't exactly carry different cards than other Nvidia partners. Although their OC edition cards might vary slightly. Especially when a new GPU is launched, everyone is selling the exact same reference board for a few months with the majority not bothering to do anything different than the reference.

Regards,
SB

That's true for performance/enthusiasts cards, but low-end stuff can vary pretty wildly, often from day 1.

It was simply AMD looking out for their partners, and loyal ones might I add. I'm pretty sure the addition of XFX had some of their partners already a bit annoyed.

Back