Super Street Fighter IV 3DS.

Ok, we now have some real variety of screens for the 3DS version.

3ds_ss05b.jpg

I notice something interesting. It seems like the 3DS version comes with an option to turn on or off the ink shading effects. I've only played it on PC so I don't know if this option is available for consoles. Here's a screen from E3.

99780820100622screen001.jpg

The ink effects are there, but not in the new screens.

Here's a small comparison between the 3DS and the HD version of the game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/29/more-2d-screenshots-of-super-street-fighter-iv-3d-edition/

Last edited by a moderator:
image556.png

Nice catch on the ink effects. My guess is that they're trying to make it match up closer visually with its console counterparts.

That Blanka/Zangief shot still gets me, though. :LOL:

Wait, so the console versions don't have the ink effects? I only played the PC version, so I don't know.
For SF4 they stated that its a shader effect so we cannot enable it on console through patch.

In SSF4 its available to those who have a SF4 save, in the form of color 12.

It appears as if they're using the exact same models for the characters as in the console/PC versions. With the normal maps (albeit at a lower res), it looks quite impressive. If they manage to keep it at 60fps, I'll be amazed. I'm just not too thrilled about having to buy another SFIV. I already have it for PS3, PC, and iPhone, and still need to get SSFIV for PS3.

Back