SFIV vs. Tekken

Its a win idea as long as one only thinks of the fact that these two are the 2 best fighting game franchise out there...a horrible idea when you realize that one is a 3D fighter & other's 2D.This means atleast one has to sacrifice its charm/gameplay/system.

But I guess this is why they have two games:

1) Street Fighter x Tekke - with SF gameplay
2) Tekken x Street Fighter - with Tekken gameplay

Did not know that. But i like Street fighters art style but im not a real fighting player i like to play it sometimes with friends when at a party.

Its a win idea as long as one only thinks of the fact that these two are the 2 best fighting game franchise out there...a horrible idea when you realize that one is a 3D fighter & other's 2D.This means atleast one has to sacrifice its charm/gameplay/system.

Is it going to be two games sold separately? or two games sold as one?

Blech, how I hate SFIV's gameplay and animations ... the contrast of seeing the beautiful animations of the Tekken characters in the SFIV gameplay engine is too much for me. But it is still fun to see how they've kept some of their key animations so the styles of the Tekken characters remain recogniseable, and I like how they made it a tag team game and how they made the existing grab animations of Nina work in the two player tag combo move. :)

If they do a Tekken engine version of this though, that would be awesome. But it would be much harder to balance. Although they can probably save some time as they have one or two failed 3D versions of Street Fighter lying around, if I remember correctly.

Looking forward to Tekken vs Street Fighter.

I bought Street Fighter IV - can't stand it really. Just feels like it's living in the past - and the people who gave it huge scores were those gamers who remembered the original. Yawn.

Its two games sold separately...SF x Tekken is the one with SF4 engine & gameplay (ultra,super, focus attack) while the other game's Tekken x Street Fighter which is made using the Tekken engine & should be 3D.

I bought Street Fighter IV - can't stand it really. Just feels like it's living in the past - and the people who gave it huge scores were those gamers who remembered the original. Yawn.
Not really SF4 was only my 2nd SF ever, first being the original game & I was a small kid back then so coudln't even play it properly.
I have ALWAYS been a hardcore Tekken fan, one of those guys who spent whole day playing Dark Resurrection...but now I am equally dedicated to Street Fighter & play SSF4 as if there's no tomorrow.

If both full-price, it'll be costly to try them both. I guess there's one version for each of Tekken and SF fans, each buying the engine they prefer with the IP crossover.

If both full-price, it'll be costly to try them both. I guess there's one version for each of Tekken and SF fans, each buying the engine they prefer with the IP crossover.

I'd expect (hope) that there would be a special edition PS3 one on Blu-ray which included both on one disc.

I'd expect (hope) that there would be a special edition PS3 one on Blu-ray which included both on one disc.

Based on the size of games on most disks, especially as most cutscenes will be the same across both versions, I think every platform could and should get such a special version.

There is great depth in SF4. I believe that it deserves the scores

Actually, the idea is to get them to buy both. And fighting game fans being what they are, I've even seen some (crazy) people say they're buying 4 copies, one for each console.

Based on the size of games on most disks, especially as most cutscenes will be the same across both versions, I think every platform could and should get such a special version.

I'm not convinced - with two completely separate engines. The Capcom 2D engine and Namco 3D one with different cutscenes for each game. 360 should get a two-disc special edition.

I'm for the SFIV style myself as I never got into the dial a combo memorization of Tekken.
I'm currently enjoying SSFIV, but can't wait for MVC3.

If shipped on one disc, I will be over the game.

I believe Capcom and Namco Bandai will be self-publishing their own respective games, so there's almost no hope of a combo disc/bundle. Capcom's producer Yoshinori Ono says, "We'd like to challenge one another in all areas, including sales, and get fans of both series excited."

Back