Votes: 1 1.0%
  • MOVE

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • KINECT

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • ALL

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Yep, my thinking too. Do we have any figures on how many PSEyes are actually out there? I would think the majority would pick up Move, its a pretty excellent deal at £40, especially when you may already own games you can use it with.

Kinect i will pick up once i start seeing it used in more core games to good effect. I dont have children, and i dont want my girl to start using my xbox :LOL:

Has a good tennis game been announced for Kinect or Move yet ? At this point I think I'll go with Move since it's the cheapest at $50.

Kinect I have to see how it'll work, I've got a heater behind me, might want a Kinect for PC though, that might be cool, but not at $150, gotta drop to $50, it's just a bloody cameras shouldn't be that expensive.

Wiimote already have, but still prefer bigger controller like Arcade stick, Flight stick and FF wheels. But compare to just plain old joypad, I do prefer this waggle kind of gameplay now days. So see how it all turns out.

Has a good tennis game been announced for Kinect or Move yet ?

Microsoft nor anybody else announced a dedicated tennis game for Kinect at E3. You can however play tennis among other sports games in Deca Sports Freedom or play Ping Pong in Kinect Sports. There is however a rumor that there will be a Kinect & PS Move version of Grand Slam Tennis, but there haven't been any details since the September 2009 rumor. It's one of the reasons why I still haven't added it to the Kinect games list.

Tommy McClain

I might get the Move if there's a sale on the $100 bundle. I was gonna get a Wii, but now I can get everything I would want from the Wii for less than buying one.

I'm hopeful Move will make playing shooters on console more approachable for me. I'm stuck in the mouse/keyboard mindset and I've not been able to adapt to dual analog.

Might get Kinect, looks fun at parties (and I want the UI enhancements), Move is too expensive for multiple players but if a cheap bundle that has everything I need to play shooters with I might pick it up.

Only problem with Kinect is that it seems to involve a lot of jumping and my 360 is in an upstairs room with not very solid wooden floorboards, that will probably be abused.

Surely a better poll is who has a PS3 and is intending to get Move, who has a 360 and is intending to get Kinect, and who is buying a console for the purpose of playing one or other? Because as it is, I see more Moves then Kinects, but I don't know how many PS3 owners are there to 360 owners casting their votes, which gives no useable indication whasoever of interest, even within the unrealistic limits of a typical forum poll!

Yeah, but oh well, it served its purpose.

I own a 360, based on what I saw I think Kinect will end up with a couple serviceable family oriented excercise games ala the PowerPad back in the day. My wife did not enjoy her recent Wii/Wiifit experience (in her opinion lame and no real workout) but thought that a couple Kinect videos looked more physically involved and fun. Something fun for rainy days, which we get a lot of. Not a HC gaming devise, but should do a good job of letting the family get moving inside.

I'll most likely get a Kinect when it comes out.
I was / am thining of getting a wii - for the gf + party stuff - but if Kinect is half decent and cheaper than a Wii + remotes then i will probably get a one.

The clincher of course depends on being able to use Kinect for media and Dash control, whilst i am sitting down on the couch.
No Dash navigation while seated = no sale.

How big are some of you people that your able to make noises those living under you can hear ? Or is it just cheap construction ?

Move.
I have PS3 and the PSEye already, don't have xb360 and Kinect hasn't really convinced me enough to buy one just for that.
Have Wii and Motion + already.
Actually, it's the squishy, shiny balls of Move that I look most forward to, not the games :)

How big are some of you people that your able to make noises those living under you can hear ? Or is it just cheap construction ?

Haha, your joking right? Back when i was at my parents place i couldnt even fool around with the girlfriend without the whole house knowing! Bloody chandeliers :devilish:

Ha, so now the figures are back to just about our regular 360/PS3 divide. ;)

And yes, Eastmen, there are a lot of old houses in the old country.

For me there's a real sense of 'immediacy' for the Move and 'wait and see' for Kinect.

For Move we know there will be RE5, Heavy Rain & LBP support - straight away I see this is worth a ~£40 punt...it's a given.

However WRT Kinect, I'm only really interested in the Dance game and Child of Eden, the latter will be out on PS3 and the first one has similar style games on Wii & PS3 - so I'm reluctant to spend ~£100 on this (as I doubt I will be using the X360 for party games).

It's a real tough one, owning all the consoles has never been so expensive...I'm def going to get Move day 1 tho.

The ones who get complaints are a whooping 24, 42, and 45 lbs. There are mouths on this forum that are heavier!

Apartments are not known for amazing sound proofing and children pidder paddering across the floor is quite distinct. Now imagine 4 people doing a race ...

Indeed, I'm wondering where eastmen lives such that soundproofed adjacent accomodation is the norm!

Lol, i can see where he's coming from though as i live in a relatively small apartment in London, yet my place is really well soundproofed :)... I practically never hear the neigbours and i've even had large groups of friends over making one heck of a racket without any complaints at all :D

I'm getting MOVE day one!... i was sold on the potential after the E3 '09 on stage demo, and games like "Sorcery", "Socom 4", "KZ4" and "LBP2" only prove to make me yearn for the device's release date to come sooner.

Plus, i already have a PSEye and so it's a no brainer for me :D

On a side note though, has there ever been any discussion or revelation of the number of PSEye units Sony has sold?... I'm intrigued as lots of people here and on other forums i frequent seem to own a PSEye, which is puzzling considering it's pitifully poor support prior to Move being announced.

Back