Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

Do You know that even their current-gen titles were triple buffered?

Doesn't that usually mean no screen tearing? I just find it sad that it has to downgrade over a half million pixels and that still can't even provide a smooth experience.

Doesn't that usually mean no screen tearing? I just find it sad that it has to downgrade over a half million pixels and that still can't even provide a smooth experience.

Yes, this means no tearing at all, even when You are at 10fps, so tearing here, even though in yt version i spotted only in one scene, could be caused by poor video encoding.
And from what we have confirmed, it was always 900p.

Can people stop going into threads to troll the games on systems they never plan to buy?

This game will be the best looking game to ever ship on a console when it releases next month. Period.

This game will be the best looking game to ever ship on a console when it releases next month. Period.
People are going to discuss, including games they'll never buy (I probably don't buy 10%, not even 5%, of the games I comment on). Absolute statements like this that aim to block discussion are as much a nuisance to discussion as silly trollish comments looking to start a fight. People have the option to ignore someone they consider trollish, at which point the comment loses its troll powers.

The latest character pics are very impressive, setting a great standard for next-gen character models. There's some superb attention to detail like the fraying edge of the sleeve, and its shadow.

Yeah, people are going a little overboard on the negativity. The game is looking good, and demonstrates a big improvement over 360 games. A certain level of underwelmingness is to be expected from any launch game, and to most early gen engines. Even with that in mind, this is still very good looking. If there are framerate, or tearing issues, that is not representative of Xbones capabilities. Uncharted 1 had screen tearing, 2 and 3 didn't with a bunch of other rendering improvements on top of it. Next crytek game might even be 1080p. And if it isn't, its because that was the tradeoff chosen by the engineers and artists of that company who want their game to look the best they can, and who actually get to test all the different tradeoffs first hand.
Let your weapons down a bit and enjoy the game for what it is.

So what is your point then? That video was full of screen tearing:LOL:

Full of tearing? I've watched whole video in slow motion [6-7fps] and the only place it tears, is beach scene where they throw pilums into archers. That scene doesnt even last 3 seconds ...

I'm looking really hard at this. Some of you must have microscopic vision because I just don't see a video filled with screen tearing.

Yeah, people are going a little overboard on the negativity...Let your weapons down a bit and enjoy the game for what it is.
It goes for both sides, for both consoles. There are some seemingly aggressively critical posters finding fault, and other overly defensive posters who won't hear a word of criticism. But such responses are completely unnecessary because one's appreciation of a game and its appearance is subjective. If some console fanboy cannot see how great a game is because they where shades in the colour of the rival platform, that's there loss. Pity them for what they miss, rather than argue with them to take their shades off, which we all know is never gonna happen.

Now objective critique like amount of tearing can be argued. Someone claiming a lot of tearing in a video can be challenged. Specific aspects of a game can also be debated, like IQ and shadow quality. Look and art style is subjective and down to personal opinion.

It goes for both sides, for both consoles. There are some seemingly aggressively critical posters finding fault, and other overly defensive posters who won't hear a word of criticism. But such responses are completely unnecessary because one's appreciation of a game and its appearance is subjective. If some console fanboy cannot see how great a game is because they where shades in the colour of the rival platform, that's there loss. Pity them for what they miss, rather than argue with them to take their shades off, which we all know is never gonna happen.

Now objective critique like amount of tearing can be argued. Someone claiming a lot of tearing in a video can be challenged. Specific aspects of a game can also be debated, like IQ and shadow quality. Look and art style is subjective and down to personal opinion.

Yeah...it is annoying as hell the last few weeks...can't enjoy B3D anymore :(...people bashing Ryse in such obvious troll style...it hurts and I just find it unfair to the devs who put out such fantastic work...then I close this thread, open next thread...have to read 'kz sf is last gen at 1080p'...meh, shuting down B3D again initiated...no fun anymore.

PS: I really started to put those trolls on my ignore list...but they got cited so much that I still have to read it. Is there a way that also posts from posters on my ignore list that get cited are not displayed?

offtopic: I consider myself a playstation fanboy, and by this i mean I am sometimes overly excited about some of the titles or services available on this platform. But I never felt the urge to criticize the competition, mainly because I simply don't care.

Nevertheles, I think that Ryse looks great, I like the setting, art style, story. To me the only flaw of this game, it is Xbone exclusive. :)

I think it is more reasonable to critique the game by admitting it looks fantastic which it does to anyone who isn't disingenuous...and then follow that up with small nitpicks which is perfectly fine. It's the people who completely ignore the beauty of the graphics and just want to focus on every little negative detail to try and blow it out of proportion like it is some fundamental flaw/weakness that gets very annoying.

Right now it is my opinion that there are only two titles that truly look next gen...Ryse and Deep Down....the latter still has many things to improve but so far you could already see the nextgeness of it. Other games on both platforms are kinda in between current and nextgen in terms of looks...ie current gen uprezzed.

Back