Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

Think it's their own umbrella buzzword to include many things.
I would need to check their presentation again

Wet downs (what’s a Wet Down?)
Wet Down's are a cinematography term (that may have its roots in photography) which is quite literally wetting the scene. Wet surfaces have increased contrast, saturation, and more interesting lighting due to reflections (and 'specular highlights', which are of course reflections themselves). Use in night scenes, wet surfaces add colour and interest to surfaces that'd otherwise be dull and flat and extremely dark. Crytek's use here is basically saying they have a degree of environmental reflection on surface as if it was somewhere between damp and dripping.

New Picture:

nw89.jpg

Wet Down's are a cinematography term (that may have its roots in photography) which is quite literally wetting the scene. Wet surfaces have increased contrast, saturation, and more interesting lighting due to reflections (and 'specular highlights', which are of course reflections themselves). Use in night scenes, wet surfaces add colour and interest to surfaces that'd otherwise be dull and flat and extremely dark. Crytek's use here is basically saying they have a degree of environmental reflection on surface as if it was somewhere between damp and dripping.
Many thanks for the explanation Shifty! -once again- It's always great to learn a new thing. I love these kind of things, of course I do! I try to learn as much as possible about them. But, in reality, I'm not sure. But I love reading about them.

New artwork of the game. (thanks to NosferatuX for the link to the picture) Apparently there is going to be snowy landscapes and scenarios too.

1018.png

And a couple of them I found over at Xbox Wire Media Assets library for developers and media.

http://news.xbox.com/media

DayOneEdition01.JPG

DayOneEdition02.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Gizmodo Hands-on with the Xbox One and 5 launch games. Their impressions on Ryse are very positive. They say this one was the most next gen looking game of the bunch, and that it could be the surprise hit on launch day.

Of the five games we looked at, Ryse also gave us the strongest sense that we were playing something on a next-gen console: there’s simply no way these environments could exist on an Xbox 360. Provided that the single-player campaign and story deliver, this could be a surprise hit on launch day.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/09/xbox-one-hands-on-five-launch-games-tested/

I wonder if Ryse could be the best looking launch game ever in the history of consoles. We shall see. :p

Gizmodo Hands-on with the Xbox One and 5 launch games. Their impressions on Ryse are very positive. They say this one was the most next gen looking game of the bunch, and that it could be the surprise hit on launch day.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/09/xbox-one-hands-on-five-launch-games-tested/

I wonder if Ryse could be the best looking launch game ever in the history of consoles. We shall see. :p

Isn't the best looking launch game every gen the best looking launch game ever in the history of consoles?

Just joking. LOL.

Yeah, no cutscenes characters models in this game are the best i have seen, both by the number of polys and skin shaders and by the animations.

Back